Back from the Pride this past Sunday

DBBJR87

We were booked for 14 Nov cruise that got cancelled due to drydock. Did they say why the drydock was moved up? Did you see or hear of ANY reason they had to move the drydock and cancel two cruises only 4 months out?

My friend and I are going on the Pride in March and we have an aft-extended balcony cabin. Are these cabins a good choice on this ship? We plan to spend a lot of time on the balcony, so we are hoping it is a good choice.

Also, we will be flying in, so would it be a good idea to take the Carnival r/t transfers or get transportation on our own?

How was it?

Did you make all of the scheduled stops?

Was the water choppy?

Hey vlwalke, the cruise was great i felt like i was on vacation.

We made only one scheduled stop. We were going to Grand Turk, half-moon cay and Freeport. What we did was that we went to Nassau instead of Grand Turk and then we went to half-moon cay, then we had a sea day rather than Freeport. The crew was great and the ACD and the CD were wonderful

The waster was very choppy because of the storm, but i would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for asking

How were the shows ??

We went to all of the shows and i liked them. There are in my opinion good singers on the pride. The show i really liked was called the vroom. I really like that type of music. That show happen on that Friday. The other shows were ok and i lie watching them but in my opinion that lacks something, that i cannot put my finger on it. I you get a chance go to the comedy club that was great and every time I went it was standing room only.

I'd love to see pictures, do you have some to post? Thanks!

Hello DBBJR87:

waiting to hear about your cruise?

I am setting back in to work and it seem like my coworkers did not do anything while i was gone. I am going to try to start a review but it might take time since i came back to a stressful time right now. However, i will keep you posted

I do have a ton pictures that I have I just need to find the time to upload them.

I go in Sept. same as last year, Labor Day week. Last year weather was great. I heard you did not get to go to Freeport. What did they do? And how was the storm?

On the Freeport day, the winds were too strong to dock so they made it a sea day. We were a little bummed but we made the best of it. We also missed Grand Turk but they let us dock in Nassau

We were booked for 14 Nov cruise that got cancelled due to drydock. Did they say why the drydock was moved up? Did you see or hear of ANY reason they had to move the drydock and cancel two cruises only 4 months out?

I did not hear what they are doing in dry-dock. The CD Kirk said that the winter was very bad to this ship. If you look at the ship from the outside, you can see rusted and other damages cause by the weather. I do not know why that they had to cancel due to dry-dock. There was nothing wrong to the ship that affected anyone.

We are leaving on the Pride THIS SUNDAY!!!! Looking forward to your thoughts!

You pick a very good ship and very good crew The CD and the ACD are great together (btw they are dating) they make the Cruise so much fun. Hope you have a lot of fun and hope it does not go to fast for you as it did to me lol. One think i would do is to go to the comedy club. It was a lot of fun.

My friend and I are going on the Pride in March and we have an aft-extended balcony cabin. Are these cabins a good choice on this ship? We plan to spend a lot of time on the balcony, so we are hoping it is a good choice.

Also, we will be flying in, so would it be a good idea to take the Carnival r/t transfers or get transportation on our own?

I think you pick a good cabin; we had two inside rooms on deck 7, so i cannot tell you how are it but you will have some great views. You might notice some movement in your room. You can feel the ship moving when you are eating in the dining room. As for the transportation, we drove down. We live in Philly and it is only a two-hour drive. There was a ton of taxis there so either way you would be fine

I just got off the Pride as well and have no complaints. I think DBB and I did the same things. The shows were good, the comedians, better. The cruise directors were awesome. Very nice passengers and a spotless ship. There are hand sanitizers everywhere. Food was outstanding in the MDR each night. Carnival has really stepped up their food service from a few years ago I am hearing.

I would recommend bringing seasick meds just in case as I got nauseaous that first sea day. It surprised me because I grew up sailing on Lake Erie and have been on boats all my life. The guest services had some for a couple bucks and they worked. I had also just listened to a presentation in the forward Taj Mahal lounge which didnt help that morning. Must be a getting older thing. One night at the Normandie dining room it was like a hobby horse as it is on Deck 3 at the bottom of the ship. Baltimore port is a breeze getting on and off the ship. :rolleyes:

I got off the Pride a week and half ago. Will be finishing up and posting my review (w/pictures by Fri/Sat). Also got swamped upon my return to work! :(

Lots more movement on this ship than others I have been on. Maybe it was because we sailed from a more northern port. I repeat the seasickness warning. We had one day with very high winds and the ship kept swaying back and forth.

It was, however, very cool sailing down the Chesapeake!

The cruise director was asked about the dry dock in the Q&A, and said (as DBBJR87 mentioned) this past winter was particularly harsh on this ship (to which I can attest, it was particularly harsh on me as well! :eek:), but no real reason was given as to why it was moved up. That said, the ship is in great condition (from what I could see) aside from fraying carpet and upholstery.

Sorry to hijack -- Just wanted to put some thoughts up about the Pride.

I too just got off the Pride and fully second everything these guys are saying. MUST MUST go to the Comedy Club!! I have a stomach of steel but after some conch fritters in Nassau and a night of rolling seas, I was not in good shape! Some non-drowsy dramamine knocked it right off. Getting on and off ship was super easy. People got a little nutso tendering at HMC, but we were all just excited :D

I too just got off the Pride and fully second everything these guys are saying. MUST MUST go to the Comedy Club!! I have a stomach of steel but after some conch fritters in Nassau and a night of rolling seas, I was not in good shape! Some non-drowsy dramamine knocked it right off. Getting on and off ship was super easy. People got a little nutso tendering at HMC, but we were all just excited :D

Where is the Comedy club? Is it in the Taj Mahal? Last year the only time I saw a comedy act was there. Then again I spent most of my time missing stuff, running around trying to see everything:o

Where is the Comedy club? Is it in the Taj Mahal? Last year the only time I saw a comedy act was there. Then again I spent most of my time missing stuff, running around trying to see everything:o

It is in a large lounge directly below the Taj Mahal - believe it was called the Venus Lounge.

Cruises are not all the same, of course. But, when I was aboard the Pride for her sailing of June 6th, the ship was the most stable, most smooth riding vessel I have experienced. There were times one had to look out the window to see if the ship was moving.

It all depends upon King Neptune's attitude that day!

Question for you...I know a few months ago, cruisers were reporting that the first night was open seating in the dining room and that fixed dining times (for those assigned) started the second night. I haven't heard anyone say that is still the case...have they eliminated the open seating?

One of the reasons I'd heard they used open seating was that folks were staying out during the sail down the Chesapeake and didn't want to miss going under the bridge. I'm guessing that with a 5pm departure, that happens during the early seating.

Can you shed any light on what is happening with the dining rooms that first night, and what time (if you recall) the ship sailed under that bridge?

If they have gone back to fixed dining, we may end up skipping the MDR that first night. I really want to experience that sail down the river.

Archived