Got a good deal on Spirit 3/1 sailing

jeremyh

FYI: Booked a 1A automatic upgrade to a 5A (obstructed french-door view) for this 8 night Mexican Riviera cruise - Two adults, two children, $2396, for a total of $2506 after tax and port charges. Since we were getting a 5A we got to choose our room.

I got this price by calling Carnival directly and it was much better than what I found online via several of the common online services.

They also offered to upgrade their lowest priced balcony (8A I think) to their top-level extended balcony, but we wanted to keep the cost down because this wasn't really a well-planned for trip. :)

FYI: Booked a 1A automatic upgrade to a 5A (obstructed french-door view) for this 8 night Mexican Riviera cruise - Two adults, two children, $2396, for a total of $2506 after tax and port charges. Since we were getting a 5A we got to choose our room.

I got this price by calling Carnival directly and it was much better than what I found online via several of the common online services.

They also offered to upgrade their lowest priced balcony (8A I think) to their top-level extended balcony, but we wanted to keep the cost down because this wasn't really a well-planned for trip. :)

We will be going with you!!!!We have the extended balcony.I thought we got a good deal but it sounds like you did great.Congrats! see ya on board.

We are going to be the ones in line with the Canadian Flag tied around my back pack.:D

Was this upgrade part of a promotion going on right now? I'm planning to book the Sensation for October, and if I can get in on an upgrade I'd love to do so now.

I suspect it was a promotion for this sailing (and also a March 9th), as it appears they've got a good number of cabins left and it's less than a month away. The agent was pretty excited/surprised when she saw it.

SavandBarb - will keep an eye out! Don't know how to describe us. Family of 4, 3year old boy, 6 year old girl - probably describes many families. :D

I suspect it was a promotion for this sailing (and also a March 9th), as it appears they've got a good number of cabins left and it's less than a month away. The agent was pretty excited/surprised when she saw it.

SavandBarb - will keep an eye out! Don't know how to describe us. Family of 4, 3year old boy, 6 year old girl - probably describes many families. :D

We are in 7303 on the verandah( I hope that is spelled right) deck.We spend very little time in our cabin.we are still young and like to get out and socialize( 40 and 36):) .I can't wait to cruise,it has been bitterly cold for several months up here and I hate it!:mad:

we have sailed on the spirit last year and did the southern caribbean.loved the ports of call but we have never been to mexico.DM has and she said we have to go.We have three boys17,14 and 8 but they are staying back here with Grandma and Granddad.They get the summer vacation to Vancouver Island in the middle of July.

Can't wait to meet you and RANCHOVISTA and David mullen.Where are you staying on the ship?

1A's are only holding 2 people.... but still not a bad price for 4 people for that cat. How old are your kids? I know that I get emails that carnival is offereing a 2 cat upgrade at the present time for all new bookings.

Archived