Buying Wine in Barcelona?

• 2 weeks later...
Spanish riojas are excellent. The one mentioned by others, Marques de Caceres Red Rioja Crianza, is one of my favorites also - a good price point here in the US and a fantastic one in Spain. If you like dessert or aperitifs, pick up a bottle of sherry, manzinilla, Pedro Ximenez, almontillado, or the like.

On a side note - if you want to pick up some candy, look for a "Happy Pills" store. Bulk penny candies - pick up a bag and take what you want.

I am a fan of Marques de Riscal. It cost a little bit more than the Caceres, but it is the best companion for any meal I can think of.

Coming to think about it, even without a meal is a great companion.

• 3 weeks later...
We are on the Oct 24th sailing of the Jade and have connected with others on Roll Call. We have 4 couples with RomeInLime sharing tours.

Lynda

Hello there from the Jade Oct 24th cruise board.

Also looking to buy a couple of bottle of wine to take with us - do enjoy a glass before dinner.

We will probably vi sit the department store El Cortes Ingles while touring the area. Do plan on doing our own thing in Barcelona - using the hop on and hop off bus. Maybe we will run into each other before the cruise.

We are staying at Apartments Casp74 - reviews good and it says they are centrally located.

Joan

• 1 month later...
So am I reading this correct and there are places to buy wine at the terminals?

we are flying in the same day we cruise and want to take the 2 bottles of wine onboard.

Wondering if we should get at the airport?

Thank you,

Yes there is a wine shop in the terminal building.

When you get off the escalator at the check in area look to your right in the corner. Nice selection and reasonable.

Bill

Archived