A6 obstructed view balcony (Victoria)

blue whale

5117 is highlighted in the little red square.

:confused:Surely that picture is the Queen Mary II - whereas BlueWhale asked about Queen Victoria in the hope that Queen Elizabeth will be similar.

Sorry, I can't actually help Blue Whale with info re QV obstructed cabins - though I sure there will be someone else can :).

:confused:Surely that picture is the Queen Mary II - whereas BlueWhale asked about Queen Victoria in the hope that Queen Elizabeth will be similar.

Sorry, I can't actually help Blue Whale with info re QV obstructed cabins - though I sure there will be someone else can :).

They're side by side with the QV at the back of the photo.

What is the nature of the obstruction in A6 balcony rooms on Victoria? Elizabeth will have the same kind of cabin, so assume the obstruction will be the same.

I am talking about 5.112-5.117.

Thank you

Obstructed view = life boat in the way. I stayed in a A6 or A7 stateroom on the Victoria last year (deck 4 I think). The extent of the obstruction varies - you could have the mid section of the lifeboat across the window or you could have just one side of the lifeboat. In any case, light comes in so there is some sense of light and dark - more on that later. Don't expect a good view though, as you will have to peer through tiny gaps between lifeboats to get any view of where the port is.

However, I just came back from the QM2 in Norway (sun setting near 11pm when we were furthest north). This time I was located in an inside stateroom on deck 10 (between stairway C and D). Being in a place without a window can be a bit disorientating - you don't actually know what time it is (if it is night or day) should you wake up and you become reliant on checking the time. However I wasn't affected by the sun rise/set changes across the voyage and managed to keep a regular sleep pattern.

Obstructed view = life boat in the way. I stayed in a A6 or A7 stateroom on the Victoria last year (deck 4 I think). The extent of the obstruction varies - you could have the mid section of the lifeboat across the window or you could have just one side of the lifeboat. In any case, light comes in so there is some sense of light and dark - more on that later. Don't expect a good view though, as you will have to peer through tiny gaps between lifeboats to get any view of where the port is.

Hi and Welcome to Cunard Forum!

I think you are talking about obstructed standard oceanview cabins (not balcony ones) of the C5-C4 grade. Queen Victoria has many such cabins on Deck 4.

These are interesting, as they are a real bargain if one needs just some light in the cabin. They have the same windows as the unobstructed standard oceanview cabins (C3-C1) on Deck 1. Interestingly, their equivalents on Holland America Vistas have a full balcony door - but I am not sure if this is good or bad, bearing in mind that you mostly see lifeboats and equipment.

So, please tell us your impressions. Were you satisfied by this type of cabin?

From the QV deck plans when clicking on 5112:

Britannia Balcony Stateroom

At any time of the day your stylish stateroom, occupying up to 472 square feet, provides a welcome enclave of comfort and good taste. Wrap yourself in the soft bathrobe, ease into your slippers, then settle down to a film on your TV. Our turndown service sets the tone for a comfortable nights sleep. Guests dine at a reserved table for either early or late dining in the Britannia Restaurant.

A3 Staterooms 7001 & 7002 shaded by Bridge Wings.
A6 Staterooms have views partially obstructed by lifeboat mechanism.
A6 4003-4042; A7 are metal fronted balconies.

(Emphasis added)

A6 Staterooms have views partially obstructed by lifeboat mechanism. A6 4003-4042; A7 are metal fronted balconies.

I too have seen the above statement, but if my charts are still valid, it is misleading.

Both A7 staterooms and A6 4003-4042 have metal fronted balconies. They are all at the front of the ship on Deck 4.

It is A6 staterooms on Deck 5, like those in question, which have views partially obstructed by lifeboat mechanism. Although the degree of obstruction clearly varies.

Just to make things clear. A look at the deck plans and some photos is enough.

Archived