Hhow early to join roll call for cruise?

micruiser12

We are not leaving until Sept 2011 on our med cruise so I wonder how early is too early to sign up on the roll call board? Will anyone even respond yet? We would like to talk with people regarding private excursions, but not sure when to start all of that talk.

It's never too early, we are on the Liberty in October 2011 and there are already nearly 12, 000 posts!!!

Wow! There must be some real "talkers" on that Rollcall. How many different groups are there so far?

We just booked Serenade for June 2011, and there was one for the first week (June 5th), but I had to start the Rollcall for the June 12th.

Just goes to show - if you don't find one, then get one started! :D

I started that Roll Call the day I booked the cruise! Then they took it off the market to fiddle with the itinerary. Now two other couples are cruising with me, plus I met two other really nice posters who aren't cruising with me.

Hope you have a great cruise, MICruiser.

--May

I started a roll call for our next cruise and don't see it anywhere on the boards. I can find it through my statistics, but I can't find it in roll calls. Anybody have any idea why?

Because there's been no activity in quite some time... To expand your view...

• Click on User CP [Control Panel] in the buff-colored banner area above [on the far left]...
  • From the drop down list, click on Edit User Options
  • And finally, in the section entitled Default Thread Age Cut Off, select a longer number of days from the drop down list [it's probably set to the 45 day default]...

Once done, you should be able to find the Roll Call that you started if the last post occurred within the number of days that you specified in Step 3 above... Thanks to Host Walt who gave me these instructions when I encountered a similar issue...

To keep the post available for all potential cruise mates and/or readers [who may have different settings], you should probably add a post to the thread every forty five days if no one else has done so in order to keep it visible on the Board...

I have begun roll call threads 18 months before a cruise, as soon as I am booked. Look on the roll call board to see if one has already begun. With it only 14 months out, there is probably already one going. If not, start one yourself and enjoy.

Thanks everyone for your advice! I will take a look and sign up for my roll call by this weekend. I hope someone else is there! I have never signed up for a roll call before, but since we have never sailed the med before I could use some advice and would like to join in with some private excursions. We are leaving on the Solstice Sept 29, 2011 cruise.

Actually, I'm only curious about certain things. This was one of them!

Yes, your cruise has a roll call thread. It was started on July 8th by cgtempest. It's quite active, many new to the Med. but a few with good experience. They're busy planning private tours, and there are a few who obviously love to plan and have already done lots of research. I'm going to subscribe to the thread so I can keep track of some of their good comments!

Enjoy!

I'm on the September 19, 2011 thread for the Equinox sailing to the eastern Mediterranean. We have all private tours already booked for all the ports, along with a pre-cruise dinner and a dinner in Istanbul. Its never too early to join a thread.

I see you've already joined your roll call this morning. Enjoy! ;)

Based on the comments from this thread I decided to check it out and found that one had been started and are already talking about excursions! Very excited to get into this, but hope I don't burn out on information before we leave Sept 2011! Never planned a trip this far in advance before.

Thanks again for everyone's comments. I find the boards to be very helpful in planning our cruises.

Archived