Cinque Terre from Riomaggiore to the next town "Lover's Trail'

gam888

Saw pictures of the hiking trail linking Riomaggiore to the next town. The trail is called "Lovers Trail". It looks like a very narrow trail hugging the mountain on one side, and the cliff is right next to you. I am not sure if the entire length of the trail is like that, or just a section of it that is shown on the picture. It looks stunning but also very scary. Has anyone walked this trail before? How long is the portion that is right next to the cliff? Is it crowed, on the picture it looks crowded with people walking in single file. Is it really narrow, it looks like it's not more than 5 feet wide on the pictures.

I walked the Cinque Terre this last May. The "lovers' trail" is a decently wide, totally paved trail. I wouldn't even call it a trail, but a path, like a typical U.S. paved bike/multiuse path. Not scary at all. All types of people were walking it, young, old, in shape, not in shape, etc. I definitely wouldn't worry about it. I was there with 2 friends, and there was plenty of room for us to walk. Yes, it hugs the cliffside, but it has guardrails.

Hi..

The Via De Amore...Walk of Love, takes approximately 20 minutes..unless you are like me and stop frequently to enjoy the breathtaking views and take pictures..As the previous poster stated..It's paved and 3-4 people could walk abreast easily..

There are upper and lower hiking trails which connect the 5 villages but the walk of love is very nice...I hope you enjoy this area..It's raw and rugged...and in many ways...caught in a time warp..It's beautiful and I hope to visit again in the future.

Carol

Archived