Age Policy Issues

aggie05

Howdy,

Myself and three friends are going on the Elation in May (or at least we HOPE so). We are 26, 24, 22, and 20. We have reserved the cruise so that the 26 year old and the 20 year old are in one cabin and the 24 year old is in the cabin with the 22 year old, on the advice of our travel agent. This is apparently because Carnival is tough on those under 21.

So ever since my TA told me that this could be an issue, I have been a little worried, but she assures me that this will be okay. Well for some reason I am not the most trusting soul in the world and I emailed Carnival to try and get something in writing saying that our reservation was good to go. I emailed the question to them and they sent back this:

...Guests under the age of 21 must be accompanied in the same stateroom by a parent or guardian 25 or older....

Well this is somewhat different (Guardian requirement) from their ticket contract, which says:

Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older;...

My reading of the ticket contract is that we are just fine. But I would prefer to have something in writing that says we are dandy. What do yall think I should do??

Well, that's what it appears that their email is saying. My concern is that their ticket contract is pretty clear (at least to me) and is counter to what they are saying via email. The ticket contract just says ...under 21 is cool as long as they are in the same stateroom with someone over 25... there is no mention of a guardian, until they start talking about minors in another cabin that must be accompanied by their guardian. So I guess I will keep emailing Carnival until they send me something of use. The thing is, I really dont think they even read the entire message I send...they just see that it is an age related thing and send a basically generic response. I dunno what to do.

Guest Time2gocruzn

I would call Carnival again. I know from personal experience that if you call with the same question 5 times sometimes you get 5 different answers:rolleyes: . If they tell you something different than what you ticketing policy, ask them why they are telling you something different. I agree, I would want to know for sure. What exactly do they mean by guardian? Just any random person over that age? Or an actual parent type guardian. I think I would do a little more digging, if for no other reason than to ease your mind. GL! I bet you will be fine.:)

Yup, I too have gotten different answers to the different emails I have sent. I would prefer not to call, as I want something on paper to take with me to the peir. Perhaps I will write their guest services a letter or something, but I am not sure how long that takes. I did call a PVP that sends me emails all the time, and she said the arrangement is cool and their shouldnt be any problems. So that's good. But I am stubborn and would prefer something in writing saying we are good to go. I am certainly going to take my ticket contract with me. The language in it seems fairly clear in that it just requires a person over 25 to accompany the under 21 in the same cabin...the guardian requirement isnt raised until there is mention of minors staying in a cabin seperate from their guardians. So I think I am good.

Last February I sailed on the Carnival Triumph.... I was 22 my bf 22, my friend was only 19 and my bf's friend happened to be 25. So my friend and my bf's friend shared a room. As long as the 20 year old in your party is booked in the same room with the 26 year old you are fine and set to go!! No worries!! I don't think Carnival would accept the booking if it were against policy.

Have a great Cruise!!:cool:

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone in the same situation would come along and let me know how it went. Thanks!!

Im really surprised your TA was unsure about this. Bookings like this are very common.

Have a great and worry-free cruise!!

Archived