COTTON...nola???

whitedog

Hi. About all I know is that the Pelham is not in the French Quarter, but is across Canal St. and maybe one block over on Common. It's an old hotel, I've been told it's full of antiques and old world atmosphere. I do know that it's very close to Harrah's and also the Superdome - maybe a coupla blocks from each? If you walk across Canal, into the Quarter, you'll have about a 6 block walk to the center of the Quarter. I haven't been inside the Pelham, but haven't heard anything bad about it. Wish I could be of more help.

How about the Monteleone and the Provincial- 2 hotels we are looking at before our cruise in July- I think these are both in quarter or very close.Monteleone has a pool on roof- would like to walk to the Cafe Du Monde and maybe go to the aquarium. Thanks

Ahh, Hotel Monteleone - fond memories of many Mardi Gras parties in days gone by. She's a very old and historic hotel...one of the Queens of Hotels at one time. Still a very nice hotel and in a good location on Royal St., known for it's many antique shops, and about two blocks down from Canal.

Hotel Provincial is also very nice, located on Chartres, I think. Would be less expensive than the Monteleone, probably. Two blocks over from the Provincial is a hotel that I highly recommend - Le Richelieu, also on Chartres.

Most hotels in the Quarter are near the activities anybody wants to be near. The streetcar that runs along the river is a great little way of getting around.

The Monteleone is a Grand Dame of NOLA hotels! Beautiful Old World charm. A little expensive at times but very well located. Don't miss the bar, It's "Unique". Some of the rooms are a bit small but very well kept. Take a picture in front of the clock in the lobby.

Archived