Boarding times????

capsfan24

I am sailing on the pride 9/5 and we disembark bmore at 5pm and was just wondering when they actually let you start boarding the ship. Will they let us into our cabin as soon as we board so we can drop off our luggage, I plan to just carry-on my baggage ( or is that just more of a pain than checking them?) Thanks for any replys:)

I am sailing on the pride 9/5 and we disembark bmore at 5pm and was just wondering when they actually let you start boarding the ship. Will they let us into our cabin as soon as we board so we can drop off our luggage, I plan to just carry-on my baggage ( or is that just more of a pain than checking them?) Thanks for any replys:)

Do you prhaps n that your ship sails from Baltimore at 5pm? Disembark means to leave the ship...

If you access your documents on Carnival.com, they will tell you when boarding starts and when to arrive. If you board before 1:30pm, generally your cabin will not be available to you and you will have to lug your carryon baggage with you around the ship. Incidentally, your carryon baggage must comply with the same size restrictions as the airlines, as it has to go through security and the scanner is the same dimensions as what the airlines use. However, you do not have to remove your shoes. EM

Thanks for the clarification, don't quite know the travelers lingo just yet(bmore is local lingo for baltimore though) guess I will have to check bags then. Thanks for the guidance on finding those times:)

We arranged for family to drop us at the port. Arrived at 3:30 pm, breezed straight onto the ship and to our cabin- no lines, no waiting. I see no reason to show up early, wait to board, and schlepp bags for hours.

I can see not wanting to haul around luggage waiting for cabins to open up but 1) this is day one of your cruise and 2) what if you run into an accident on the highway and get delayed. I think you are all cutting it as little too close at 330

What if you get in an accident on the highway? What if a meteor hits the planet?

Don't be be of those dweebs that gets to the port before the previous cruisers have even debarked, it's ridiculous. After 1:30 the cabins will probably be ready. But there are still gonna be huge crowds waiting to board.

But if you're there between 10:30 and 11:00 am, you'll be one of the first to board, with minimal lines (usually). So you take your carry on (preferably one on rollers), and tour the ship while it's almost empty. That's nice. Then you go to the Lido and have your first DOD and wait for your room to open.

What if you get in an accident on the highway? What if a meteor hits the planet?

Don't be be of those dweebs that gets to the port before the previous cruisers have even debarked, it's ridiculous. After 1:30 the cabins will probably be ready. But there are still gonna be huge crowds waiting to board.

I am one of those dweebs and I don't like large lines of people. If you get there early you don't have to deal with it. I personally like being one of the first on the ship once it has cleared for boarding. I want to get my vacation started not driving to the port with an hour to spare.

From carnival.com:

Embarkation Hours:

Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Mobile, Galveston, Seattle, Tampa, Port Canaveral, New Orleans and San Diego - 12:30 P.M.

Charleston - Carnival Fantasy at 12:30 P.M.; Carnival Glory at 5:00 P.M.

Honolulu & New York - 1:00 P.M.

Los Angeles (Long Beach) - 1:30 P.M.

Baltimore - 2:00 P.M.

San Juan - 2:30 P.M.

Ensenada - 6:00 P.M.

Note: You must check in at least 1 1/2 hours prior to departure or risk cancellation of your reservation.

When we set sail at 4:00 pm, we typically board between 11:30 and 12:30. We check all of our luggage, with the exception for a beach bag (that I carry) and a backpack (that hubby carries).

We use this time to have a nice lunch on the Lido deck, tour the ship, locate our stateroom, have a drink and START OUR VACATION!

Do what works for you and enjoy your cruise!

From carnival.com:

Embarkation Hours:

Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Mobile, Galveston, Seattle, Tampa, Port Canaveral, New Orleans and San Diego - 12:30 P.M.

Charleston - Carnival Fantasy at 12:30 P.M.; Carnival Glory at 5:00 P.M.

Honolulu & New York - 1:00 P.M.

Los Angeles (Long Beach) - 1:30 P.M.

Baltimore - 2:00 P.M.

San Juan - 2:30 P.M.

Ensenada - 6:00 P.M.

Note: You must check in at least 1 1/2 hours prior to departure or risk cancellation of your reservation.

No one follows this that I cruise with. We sail out of FL and the 1230 I am already on my second drink by then :D

I prefer to board early. You get lunch on Lido deck, explore the ship, etc. Yes, you have to schlep your carry on luggage with you, but so what. You can't go to your cabin until 1:30 anyway, but the time goes fast.
To me that would be about as entertaining as hanging out in an airport. It's the start of my vacay when I can unpack and kick off my shoes, and have a drink on my balcony. :cool:

I almost never ate in the cattle car that is the Lido deck. Entirely too many people.

I am one of those dweebs and I don't like large lines of people. If you get there early you don't have to deal with it. I personally like being one of the first on the ship once it has cleared for boarding. I want to get my vacation started not driving to the port with an hour to spare.

I too am happy to be a dweeb.. there is nothing like knowing that even though you haven't sailed away yet.. you are on vacation! Less stress and more time on the ship:D

My vacation starts the minute I board the ship. The Lido is never full at lunch on embarkation day. I don't usually eat at the buffet once we start cruising, but for a nice lunch the day we actually start it works for me. Of course, along with the DOD.

To me that would be about as entertaining as hanging out in an airport. It's the start of my vacay when I can unpack and kick off my shoes, and have a drink on my balcony. :cool:

I almost never ate in the cattle car that is the Lido deck. Entirely too many people.

I'll be a "dweeb" too:rolleyes: I always arrive at the port by 10:30 or 11:00:D I've never considered the Lido deck part of a "cattle car". It's usually not that busy on embarkation day. Of course how would you know if you don't get there until 3:30 and you're in your room unpacking...oh joy...what a start to your vacay.

There's a lot of people that don't have a balcony and would rather "kick off their shoes" with the rest of the animals on Lido:rolleyes:

Archived