Spa Suite Question

Daaan

Thanks for the replys!

Im concerned that thay have limited this on the caribbean cruises because now it only says that with the spa suite you have acces to the courtyard area and the concierge lounge but not to the Private restaurant and bar.

Anyone that cruises epic caribbean know something about this?

Thanks for the replys!

Im concerned that thay have limited this on the caribbean cruises because now it only says that with the spa suite you have acces to the courtyard area and the concierge lounge but not to the Private restaurant and bar.

http://epic.ncl.com/the-experience/accommodations/spa-staterooms/

Spa Suites (pictured):

• Sleeps 2 guests

• Domed ceiling with guest-controlled colored room lighting

• Deluxe circular bed

• In-suite Hot Tub

• Separate shower

• 8 available

• Exclusive access to Courtyard Area

• Exclusive access to The Epic Club

• Butler & Concierge service – exclusive to Spa Suite guests only

still says Epic Club too. Nothing has changed.

Thanks for the replys!

I was worried about this too when I booked because no one I spoke to at NCL could give me a straight answer. I printed out the website information as of the day I booked and I hope that if they change their policy on this, they will still honor what their website says when I booked. I will be pretty bummed if I don't get access to the special restaurant. That breakfast menu looks great.

There's a menu posted somewhere for the Epic Club? Where can we find it? I assume there is, but I have to ask, is there a surcharge for this restaurant if you're staying in a spa suite?

No surcharge for suite guests.

• 1 month later...
Spa suites are SUITES!!

They share all the same amenities and perks that ALL other suites come with... plus you have 24 hour access to the spa facilities for no additional charge, something the other SUITES do not have.

No 24 hr spa access is what is being reported!!

No 24 hr spa access is what is being reported!!
Clarification: As a part time agent I was doubley concerned because I've booked others in Spa Suites. I called NCL and spoke with a supervisor. She confirmed the following:

There is NO 24 hour access to the Spa... that being the Spa itself is not open for treatments.

Spa complex accommodations do have access to the spa complex amenities, ie. thermal suites, jacuzzis, etc.

Clarification: As a part time agent I was doubley concerned because I've booked others in Spa Suites. I called NCL and spoke with a supervisor. She confirmed the following:

There is NO 24 hour access to the Spa... that being the Spa itself is not open for treatments.

Spa complex accommodations do have access to the spa complex amenities, ie. thermal suites, jacuzzis, etc.

I guess I will find out for sure on my Christmas cruise--because if you look on this board it appears to be reported that there is NO ACCESS TO THE THERMAL SUITES--jacuzzi, thalassotherapy pools, etc--outside of spa hours, and no special keycard access to the "spa complex" as advertised. Or perhaps a pre-Christmas spa suite cruiser can come back with the answer?

I think someone coming back from the Epic who is staying in the Spa complex is the only way we'll get an accurate report!!

I hope the supervisor I spoke with is correct and the grumbling we're hearing here is bogus!!

I am still concerned because the copy for the Spa Suite description on NCL's website has changed.

I guess I will find out for sure on my Christmas cruise--because if you look on this board it appears to be reported that there is NO ACCESS TO THE THERMAL SUITES--jacuzzi, thalassotherapy pools, etc--outside of spa hours, and no special keycard access to the "spa complex" as advertised. Or perhaps a pre-Christmas spa suite cruiser can come back with the answer?

I'll let you know within 2 weeks!

I will be in a spa suite on THIS Saturday!:D

(Can you tell I am a little bit excited?!?!)

I'll let you know within 2 weeks!

I will be in a spa suite on THIS Saturday!:D

(Can you tell I am a little bit excited?!?!)

You - excited? Not a bit. :D

I'm still hoping for 24 hr access but betting its not. I'll probably ask at the M&G since it one of the primary reasons to booking the spa cabin and not a regular balcony near the rest of our gang.

JW

There was a posting a few months ago which was promptly removed by the board admins called "Epic Changes" which listed a number of changes cruise resellers were to make to their listings about Epic. Two items stick out in my mind - keycard/24 hr spa access for spa accomodations guests, and Posh not being exclusive to suite guests. The Posh thing has clearly come to pass (and stanmoto, keep in mind that when people, such as myself, paid $$$extra$$$ for suites, that was one of the things we paid for--exclusive Posh access) and from both that posting and munstermaid's email, plus other guest postings, sounds like NCL is just now owning up to the reality that the 24 hr spa access is nonexistent either.

Once again, what is fair & reasonable compensation for guests who bought suites with these items being part of the deal, and then find out that there is no "misunderstanding" and these items that were paid for are no longer part of the offering?

There was a posting a few months ago which was promptly removed by the board admins called "Epic Changes" which listed a number of changes cruise resellers were to make to their listings about Epic. Two items stick out in my mind - keycard/24 hr spa access for spa accomodations guests, and Posh not being exclusive to suite guests. The Posh thing has clearly come to pass (and stanmoto, keep in mind that when people, such as myself, paid $$$extra$$$ for suites, that was one of the things we paid for--exclusive Posh access) and from both that posting and munstermaid's email, plus other guest postings, sounds like NCL is just now owning up to the reality that the 24 hr spa access is nonexistent either.

Once again, what is fair & reasonable compensation for guests who bought suites with these items being part of the deal, and then find out that there is no "misunderstanding" and these items that were paid for are no longer part of the offering?

What is really odd about the spa access, is that they were installing keycard readers on the change-room doors during the TA....so they COULD allow 24hr access, but from what we have heard, they have chosen not to.

I'm guessing it's a liability thing....nobody to staff the Thermal Suite overnight, so nobody to mop spillage, nobody for emergencies, etc.

The last I heard, direct from NCL, was that the Spa Suite would only provide access to the Thermal Suite during spa hours 8a.m. - 10pm.

Stephen

You - excited? Not a bit. :D

I'm still hoping for 24 hr access but betting its not. I'll probably ask at the M&G since it one of the primary reasons to booking the spa cabin and not a regular balcony near the rest of our gang.

JW

Would be a great time to ask, since Andy will be there! :rolleyes:

Maybe he will suggest that they open the spa for us! LOL

Yeah..okay..so I am a dreamer....but.. keep in mind that the power of positive thinking has scared ms Paula out of our way for this weekend! LOL

After spending a fair amount of time on hold with NCL's agent support line I finally got a straight, well sort of straight, answer to the question.

Complimentary 24-hour access to the Thermal Spa Suites is not provided as part of a Spa Complex accommodation.

The description for the Spa Suites on the agent booking page still says "as well as complimentary 24-hour access to the Thermal Spa Suites" while the Mini-Suite and Balcony descriptions simply state "you'll also receive entry to the Mandara Spa experience, including complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites."

The last I heard, direct from NCL, was that the Spa Suite would only provide access to the Thermal Suite during spa hours 8a.m. - 10pm.

Stephen

After spending a fair amount of time on hold with NCL's agent support line...

Complimentary 24-hour access to the Thermal Spa Suites is not provided as part of a Spa Complex accommodation.

That's what I said.

After spending a fair amount of time on hold with NCL's agent support line I finally got a straight, well sort of straight, answer to the question.

The description for the Spa Suites on the agent booking page still says "as well as complimentary 24-hour access to the Thermal Spa Suites" while the Mini-Suite and Balcony descriptions simply state "you'll also receive entry to the Mandara Spa experience, including complimentary access to the Thermal Spa Suites."

What was their explanation for you being told the opposite yesterday?

Archived