I'm already 2nd guessing our plans

tarheelmjfan

Every time I think I'm okay with the times of our plane excursions, I read another fog warning. :confused:

We are booked on the Misty Fjord flightseeing tour at 8am, & the helicopter/dog sled excursion in Juneau at 9:15am. Should I reschedule both of these for after 10:30 or 11am. How much would that increase our chances? The dog sled tour is the one we most want to do & while I know there are no guarantees, I do want to give us the best chance possible. We are willing to create a schedule around the flights. So for those of you who have been there & done that, what do you think for mid June? TIA :)

You are asking questions that can't be answered. Did you inquire of the vender what their stats were last year?? Still no prediction what this year will be. :) I have had several flights canceled on me, always have back up plans, you can't control Alaska weather and hope for the best.

Tarheel fan (I won't hold that against you since I am a duke fan),

If it is any help at all, I did my flightseeing tour with Michelle of Island Wings early June of last year at 8am and we had a perfect trip. It was clear for us and then later that morning it started to fog up and rain a bit after we returned. I guess my point is that you can't really plan to try and avoid the weather, because it can change on you quite suddenly, especially in Alaska.

Have a great trip.

mrr210,

You only replied to rub it in, didn't you? :p

Seriously, thanks for the info. I'm going to try to stick with what I have, & hopefully not worry about it. I'm this way with any trip we take. Even though I know that I have no control over certain aspects of our trip, I still keep trying to plan the perfect vacation. I think I may need therapy. :eek:

Actually, I live in Tampa, FL, but grew up in NC. Sick, is an understatement! :( My sister & nephew who do live in NC are Duke fans, so I'm not even answering my phone today. :p Oh well, as I always tell my nephew after a Heels loss, let's talk again in March. :D

Actually, I live in Tampa, FL, but grew up in NC. Sick, is an understatement! :( My sister & nephew who do live in NC are Duke fans, so I'm not even answering my phone today. :p Oh well, as I always tell my nephew after a Heels loss, let's talk again in March. :D

Start answering the phone---did you see Duke lose last night? They really looked terrible!

lynn

Archived