cruise director visibility (or lack thereof)

My family and i were on the serenade in may, the cruise director Dennis was one of the best i have seen! You didnt have to be participating in anything to run into him, he was everywhere and always nice to passengers. I was exhausted for him!:)

I enjoy meeting our cruise director and seeing him at the various activities.

On our last cruise with our 2 young adult sons, one of the highlights was dodgeball staff vs guests. We all felt like we got to see the "non preforming" side of the crew and it was a blast!!

To us a comparison, the head waiter. I have never tipped the head waiter or felt they added anything to my cruise experience. I could also say that if I saw them I likely would not know who they were. That was until our last cruise when we had a head waiter that was very active and at our table every night. He also made a point of speaking to each one of us at the table at least 2 or 3 times.

I was very impressed with his service and told him so. After all of this time cruising I can not say I have ever run across a cruise director that in any way had an influence on our trip. Also i could not say that if I ran into any of them on deck or any other place I would know who they were.

Thus the reason for the OP!!

Archived