Tried a Five Guys - Perish the Thought of Wanting Them on a Carnival Ship

MrPete

What area..this was the 70's for us..kids manage the Franchise here now..I LOVE this family..but the gag gifts..and they were never the cowboy/outdoorsy that my dad and some siblings are...the He__ the patriarch put up with on the old camping year's..and his son even I could out fish...I am more of a city girl too.

90's for us... funny.... funny... funny.... funny.

Best thing about 5 Guys is the peanuts:D

Best thing about Sonic is the tater tots:)

Best thing about In-n-Out used to be their cheesburgers (but that was 20 years ago) and the fries. There seems to be ex InOers out there who are favoring Steak n Shake burgers--too smashed down for me:(

Best thing about Johnnie Rockets is the Happy Days motif.

Worst thing about Whattaurger is the long time it takes (and you thought the wait in the Mongolian Grill was a bear:p)

Hardees is trying to develop the most cardiac attack menu of all the chains.

Zagats is biased, rating can be based on small sampling of those pushing a particular restaurant.

Best thing about 5 Guys is the peanuts:D

Best thing about Sonic is the tater tots:)

Best thing about In-n-Out used to be their cheesburgers (but that was 20 years ago) and the fries. There seems to be ex InOers out there who are favoring Steak n Shake burgers--too smashed down for me

Best thing about Johnnie Rockets is the Happy Days motif.

Worst thing about Whattaurger is the long time it takes (and you thought the wait in the Mongolian Grill was a bear:p)

Hardees is trying to develop the most cardiac attack menu of all the chains.

Zagats is biased, rating can be based on small sampling of those pushing a particular restaurant.

I love this thread..a winner..humor fun arguements..hilareous details.

OK..now it is a rootbeer float and tater tots at a Sonic..someday.

I miss the Mom and Pop drive-ins around here in the 60's and 70's...one was "the Do Drop In" in Absaroke, MT.

Another was the Dog'n Suds..Billings, MT.

A&W used to have pretty cool carhop drive-ins, and I remember them helping your's truly go through the garbage from the retainer left on her tray...:o:p:D.

Some Dairy Queen's around here have ok fast food burgers...I think...sjn911.

To each their own I guess. The 6 stores in our area don't want for customers.

Justin Bieber doesn't want for record sales but still think he sucks. :D Tried Five Guys and their burgers are just foil wrapped grease. And they're overpriced. I think their fries are excellent, though. The only reason I'd ever go back is to get fries.

Justin Bieber doesn't want for record sales but still think he sucks. :D Tried Five Guys and their burgers are just foil wrapped grease. And they're overpriced. I think their fries are excellent, though. The only reason I'd ever go back is to get fries.

Chuckle Chuckle..even boiled down to the common fast food fry and burger...and all attempts at standarized options at every price point..we CC'rs will have our opinions..the same burger and fry..whatever the place..cooked the same tme and served to 10 cc'rs...how many thumbs up, thumbs down..and everything inbetween..we're all nuts..but I bet mostly nice nuts...sjn.:):D

To me the fries were the worst part of the meal. They were limp and greasy.

If you think they are over priced i am moving where you live. I'd be rich there then obviously!:D

To me the fries were the worst part of the meal. They were limp and greasy.

I said to myself and others I'd be off here an hour or so ago..what else is new...just a comment from an old fashioned gal..I really like this baby countdown a little:o better:):o.

OK...I just hate limp or not crispy fies..even hand cut shoestring..(My personal favorite in the fry group)..need to be that fresh crispy good..sjn911.

Same song second verse on the lines for Krispy Kreme's in PDX area a few years back...can not even let myself smell one of those hot fresh doughnuts...loved them..but oh man..the plain glazed!!! Are all of them gone now??

We only had two in the whole state and they have both closed and both of them will be sonics.

I really enjoyed their donuts, but thought their coffee was lousy.

I think 5 Guys is great! Don't understand the "overpriced" comments.

I just went last week and had a little bacon cheeseburger for $3.45. The fries were around $2.59 for an order that could serve 4 people. And they rocked!

I think 5 Guys is great! Don't understand the "overpriced" comments.

I just went last week and had a little bacon cheeseburger for $3.45. The fries were around $2.59 for an order that could serve 4 people. And they rocked!

The prices are different here. $4.99 for fries. But if they tasted good I wouldn't mind the price. I don't like soggy, limp, greasy fries though. :(

The thing I did like were the toppings on the burger.

Is it just me or...

Is anyone else scratching their heads asking

Why in the world and what in the world does this thread have to do with Carnival or cruising for that matter...

:confused::confused::confused:

Is it just me or...

Why in the world and what in the world does this thread have to do with Carnival or cruising for that matter...

The topic is a continuation of another thread someone started about having a hamburger chain such as 5 Guys on Carnival ships similar to Johnny Rockets on RCI.

The topic is a continuation of another thread someone started about having a hamburger chain such as 5 Guys on Carnival ships similar to Johnny Rockets on RCI.

Why start another one????

What happened to the last one????

I think Pete started it because he tried Five Guys and didn't like it. Don't know what happened to the other one.

OK...That explains why it's here.....

Guess I'll start a thread about how much I like Ruth Chris and why it should be on board Carnival.....

Sometimes I wonder why I open some threads....LOL....;)

OK...That explains why it's here.....

Guess I'll start a thread about how much I like Ruth Chris and why it should be on board Carnival.....

Sometimes I wonder why I open some threads....LOL....;)

LOL. Me too. :p It's like Pandora's box... just can't resist taking a peek.

LOL. Me too. :p It's like Pandora's box... just can't resist taking a peek.

I'm like a 2 year old in a playbox on this one..it's just fun ...but kind of not cruising at all except for recent comments..I wonder if the mods could when it's time not ban it but just give us a fast food debate in floataway or something (if easily moveable)..If Mr. Pete and all like that idea and agree..

It's just so stupid it's fun....light comic relief...sjn.

I'm like a 2 year old in a playbox on this one..it's just fun ...but kind of not cruising at all except for recent comments..I wonder if the mods could when it's time not ban it but just give us a fast food debate in floataway or something (if easily moveable)..If Mr. Pete and all like that idea and agree..

It's just so stupid it's fun....light comic relief...sjn.

Or better yet and simpler..somone if so inclined can start a land 'n sea burger thread in Friend's of or Something...

We all have such serious researched and documented surveys here..hate to confuse anyone:p:cool:...down the line..late September...

Now how was I going to plan that progressive fast food afternoon and eve road trip to the ship..the stress of not being able to research..terrible:rolleyes::D.

Is it just me or...

I`m not sure which is longer; this thread or your siggie, but let me clear your question up......

A previous post suggested putting a 5 Guys on board a Carnival ship, A LA RCCL`s Johnny Rockets. The OP of that thread wanted to know what other additions they`d like to see added to a Carnival ship, but many could not even understand an addition of a "PAY FOR" burger joint. when Carnival had its own fresh grill, with made to order burgers.

Some of us (many) never even heard of 5 Guys, and I know I was wondering if this was better that what was already offered.

On a return trip from HHI, I found one, wanted to report back on that post, but, alas, it was gone......

Archived