Tried a Five Guys - Perish the Thought of Wanting Them on a Carnival Ship

MrPete

Also be warned they have peanuts in the place, usually 2 or 3 open boxes.

And if you go during their noon rush, you can walk up and fill a couple of containers full and sit down and eat them, watch the game on TV and not order a thing:) Just like getting a bagger at the ball park. BYOB though.

I so rarely eat burgers & fries (maybe once every couple of months or so) but I love 5 Guys! However, I don't go on vacation to eat the same food I can get at home. I was having so much fun exploring my way through the buffet and the MDR that I didn't even realize there was a grill on the Lido deck until the last day of my first cruise...

If you can do so. Thing to remember is leave the wrapper on it while eating. It will hold it all together. If you take it out and try to eat it you will get a lap full.

Also be warned they have peanuts in the place, usually 2 or 3 open boxes.

I dont recal grilled onions just sliced (squared) white ones.

Thanks for the tip about keeping it in the wrapper! :D

Ok, we tried Five Guys tonight. First off, the regular cheeseburger is really a double cheeseburger. I should have ordered the Little Burger because the regular one is HUGE. It had lots of fixins and was a gooey mess like Pete described but I actually liked that about it. I had it with lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, grilled mushrooms, ketchup and mustard. Aknot, I forgot and removed the foil so it did all ooze out but I'll try and remember that for next time. We split an order of regular fries and I found them to be kind of soggy and soft. I like really crispy fries so they were a miss for me and I gave them all to hubby. And the portion sizes are way too big... even hubby thought the burger was too large and way too many fries.

The burger was good and reminds me of a Steak Burger from Steak 'n Shake but I like the fries at Steak 'n Shake better. Bottom line, while I wouldn't pay for a Five Guys on the ship, all in all I think it's a pretty tasty burger for fast food and we'll likely eat there sometime again but not often because even though I only ate half my burger I can tell from the way I feel it has to be super high in fat and calories.

Buy do I agree with you on the IN and OUT, that was the nastiest ever and they dare call that a Hamburger. There is a reason it is called in and out.

In Denver we have FAT BURGER now that is what I call a Burger. Great fries and onion rings and the MILK SHAKES are the best.

That just goes to show you how taste is different from person to person. On one of our first trips to Vegas we were able to try Fat Burger and In-N-Out for the first time. Out of 6 people it wasn't even close, In-N-Out won hands down. NOBODY wanted to give Fat Burger another try on that trip or any other trips to Vegas. Yet we always go to In-N-Out at least twice every trip.

Hey Molly..where is the 5 Guys..never heard about it until here and I saw your other post liking it..I do think stores can varey..when I first moved to Oregon..(was there 20 years) couldn't eat the beef..tasted too weird..then got used to their grassfed with short term grain at end...Happy Sunday..sjn.

Is it in Missoula??? going through there this month...not in the Bozone:).

Yep, it is in Missoula. Take the Van Buren Street exit off of 90, turn left at the bottom of the off ramp. Get in your right hand lane, turn right on Broadway, it is on the corner of Van Buren and Broadway. When are you coming to Msla?

Yep, it is in Missoula. Take the Van Buren Street exit off of 90, turn left at the bottom of the off ramp. Get in your right hand lane, turn right on Broadway, it is on the corner of Van Buren and Broadway. When are you coming to Msla?

Thanks so much for directions Molly..not sure where I'll take cut-off from interstate...just saw they are in Kalispel too...family rendez-vous in the Flathead/Swan area...have a window of time to go..depends on best last minute exit from here when work wanes..and how much leisure I can carve out..may high tail it to Portland, Or... afterwards...so fun to chat with a Montanan cruiser..see a few of us around the boards..sjn.

I didn't read every post on this thread, but what is the reason behind this? Are they thinking about adding a chain burger restaurant to the ships? OH, and by the way, I LOVE Five Guys!

No, someone suggested CCL bring them onboard to counter RCL's Johnny Rocket's.

Personally, I'd hate to see any franchise, even a high-end one like Roy Yamagutchi's invade CCL's fleet.

Not on my wish list for sure. But not on my "hate" list either.

It's all good. If they bring in a McDonalds, a Burger King, a Yamaguchi's or a HoochyCoochies, we always have the option of not going there, but some people will love it.

Last I heard, we were still allowed to have "different strokes for different folks". :)

I am almost curious enough to drive to Five Guys and take a look at the menu on the wall. Because I don't recall seeing either.

However, looking at the nutritional info of the veggie burger and the grilled cheese provided by a previous poster, I wouldn't touch either. I get scared of a single burger/sandwich that has over 1,000mg of sodium.

But that's just me. Thanks for the info though!

Scanned it for ya...

Five_Guys_Menu.jpg

It's all good. If they bring in a McDonalds' date=' a Burger King, a Yamaguchi's or a HoochyCoochies, we always have the option of not going there, but some people will love it.

Last I heard, we were still allowed to have "different strokes for different folks". :)[/quote']

Yeah yeah yeah....

Until they remove the grill stand, and plop all the burgers in a grease pan under a hot light in the buffet line.

Archived