Kona Rainforest & Waterfall

maryandmarge

We are on POA on Oct 16th and had booked excursion in Kona called Rainforest and Waterfall. Less than a week later I received an email from the excursion desk stating that this tour was cancelled thru NCL. I called and they could not give me any reason why - just that it was. After months of researching on CC for the best things for our time this was disappointing. I went back thru and now we are thinking of Secret Waterfalls of Kohala. Are there any past cruisers that have done this tour that tell me if it is worth the money?? I didn't see anything thru Roberts that interested us. We are not renting cars in the ports because that means one person is totally focused on the road and misses so much. That person would be me in past vacations and I've decided this one - I'm letting someone else drive us around and tell us what we are seeing. Any helpful responses will be greatly appreciated

We had considered this option as well...but ended up selecting the big island spectacular heli tour. When we were there, the Kohala Waterfalls tour was operated by Hawaii Forest & Trail, one of the top rated ecotour vendors anyplace, and one that consistantly gets rave reviews. You might want to check with them directly to see if that is still the case (HFT, that is).

Archived