Florence & Chianti Tour advice needed

hnymngrl

Leaving on the 9th of August Ruby Princess sailing, so time is of the essence. I like the idea of the 2 hours in Florence and then wine tasting/lunch in the Chianti region that the ship offers, but the idea of being on a motor coach with many other people does not thrill me. Has anyone out there ever booked an independent tour that is similar? The ship's excursion is about $190 per person. If we could find an independent for around the same price, I'd be thrilled.

Suggestions?

Leaving on the 9th of August Ruby Princess sailing, so time is of the essence. I like the idea of the 2 hours in Florence and then wine tasting/lunch in the Chianti region that the ship offers, but the idea of being on a motor coach with many other people does not thrill me. Has anyone out there ever booked an independent tour that is similar? The ship's excursion is about $190 per person. If we could find an independent for around the same price, I'd be thrilled.

Suggestions?

We did a private excursion with others on our Ruby Princess roll call with Papillon Service. It included Pisa/Florence/Wine tasting (at a vineyard which was a winery that also make olive oil). Because the day was so busy, we just grabbed a bite to eat in Florence. We walked up the Leaning Tower, toured the Field of Miracles, spent around three hours in Florence, including going to the Accademy to see the David, and then went to the winery. Not including ticket to Pisa or the Accademy, it was 135 euros per couple (540 for eight people) or about $85 per person. We had a great day. But I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for.

Does two hours really do justice FOR YOU in Florence? I think that's another question you should think about. It certainly rules out the Uffizi. If you want to see the David in the Accademy, that will take a little over an hour and leave you with only an hour for a taste of Florence. Since we already did Pisa, we are just taking the train there next summer with the kids and trying to spend more time in Florence. Good luck.

We are using All Around Italy in September. We have decided not to go to Florence this time and do Pisa and Tuscany Countryside. We also have asked to go to Lucca and they are going to accomodate us. There is so much to see and so little time.

It is 480 Euros for 4 of us but they can take up to 6. That is $626 usd at today's prices which is approx. $160 pp for 4.

Archived