Zuiderdam Nov/Dec 2005 sailings missing from HollandAmerica.com?

lilyhammer

Hi All,

I was checking out prices for my Zuiderdam 12/3/05 cruise and noticed that I can't find it anymore on the Holland America website. After trying a few combos out, it looks like all Zuiderdam sailings after Oct 22, 2005 until Dec 22, 2005 are missing. What's going on? Does anybody have any information about this? I looked on other websites and they still have the old listings available. Should I be worried? I figured if anybody would know, it would be the CCs! Thanks for your help!

Hi All,

I was checking out prices for my Zuiderdam 12/3/05 cruise and noticed that I can't find it anymore on the Holland America website. After trying a few combos out, it looks like all Zuiderdam sailings after Oct 22, 2005 until Dec 22, 2005 are missing. What's going on? Does anybody have any information about this? I looked on other websites and they still have the old listings available. Should I be worried? I figured if anybody would know, it would be the CCs! Thanks for your help!

Most of us find HAL's web site to be flakey, at best (recently it was quoting S suites at half the price of A verandahs for one cruise). Have your TA check directly, or call customer service yourself for a better chance at accurate information.

Well I called HollandAmerica to see what's going on. Since I wasn't a travel agent, she couldn't really deal with me. I asked if these sailings had been cancelled and the customer representative said no. Then I asked why these were missing and she was vague. Then I specifically asked if these sailings had been chartered and she hesitantly replied that "some" of these were chartered, but not mine. I asked what consequences these charters would have on my reservation (i.e. would I be screwed?) and she said that I would have already been notified if this was the case. Has anybody been notified about cancellations? She reiterated that my reservation was good and I was fine, but maybe I read the CC boards too often and these replies make me paranoid. What do you think?

I think you have been screwed! Just kidding and I can't believe I just wrote that. :D

On a serious side, maybe I have read these boards too much also, but what you heard from HAL seems to be the reply that many others received when they called about their cruises mysteriously missing from web site. Then...a few weeks later, they get notification that "yes" the cruise is chartered and you are out, or...you are still in and find out once you get on board that the cruise is 3/4 chartered with a Amway products convention. :(

I hope I am not sounding too scary, but you need to be aware and keep checking on your cruise.

UPDATE: Good news! I did another check and your cruise IS showing up on another TA site. ;)

Thanks for all your responses. I wonder how long these cruises have been missing? From KAKcruiser's response, maybe for a few weeks? You would think that if they have been chartered that long ago, that HA would have good idea which ones will be cancelled or not. I did a random survey of a bunch of websites: about half looked normal, the other half brought a "contact us" page instead of the usual availability/room# page.

My gut feeling is that this is a bad sign. Like Sea Island Lady's post, I seem to recall other people's horror stories when their cruises are later cancelled and the rumors were right all along even when the cruiseline insisted otherwise. But I can't recall if this has happened to HA (I know this definitely happened to a Celebrity ship for summer 2005).

Well, am waiting for my TA to get back to me about this. Marie, maybe your TA knows something about these missing cruises?

If it makes anyone feel better, my Zaandam cruise disappeared from the HAL website a couple of weeks ago. I called HAL and they said everything is fine. A week later it reappeared.

Their website looks nice, but the functionality is subpar.

Archived