Celebrity Help Please

PROCRUISE

I will be cruising with Celebrity, for the first time, this coming March on The Equinox. I am sure I will find it very enjoyable.

Now I need a little advise. My son and daughter-in-law, who have never been on a cruise, have decided to go for a 5 day cruise on The Century from 12/24-12/29/2010. I naturally have encouraged a 7 day cruise, but this particular cruise fits their schedule needs best. I am a little concerned about the age of the ship and some only "fair" reviews that I've read concerning this ship. I want them to have a really good time and I'm sure Celebrity can achieve this for them, but I feel one of the newer Celebrity ships would be better for them, especially on a first cruise. They are both in their early thirties. Hope I haven't offended any Celebrity fans, just wanted some insight that you might have that I don't. Thanks.

My first cruise was a 4 nighter on an older ship (not Celebrity). That cruise was long enough to learn DH and I both love cruising. Though older, we enjoyed exploring the ship. The experience was all new for us, and we had a great time even though the ship was older.

Last time I was on Century two years ago she was a nice ship. Her condition was good. Not perfect of course, but clean and well kept. Service was very good. She does not have as many extra activities as the big new ships, but uless they really want rock walls, flow-riders, etc, there should be lots to keep them entertained for 5 nights.

I think a 5 night holiday cruise on Century will be a nice introduction to cruising. There should be a range of ages, decorations and plenty of good cheer. If they enjoy the experience, they will have a decent knowledge base when planning their next cruise. If for any reason cruising does not suit them, 5 night will tell that tale, too.

Just my opinion but I think that starting with shorter cruises, especially for the first cruise, is the way to go.

As for the Century vs. S class Ships I would prefer the Equinox; but I've sailed both.

I did the Century in July 09 and I was so busy with the daily excursions in Europe that i really didn't notice much about the ship.

As long as your kids aren't expecting rock climbing, zip lines, dance parties until 3 am, etc., i don't see why they wouldn't enjoy the cruise. They're going to ochos rios and grand caymen with 2 sea days.

Sounds like fun to me! :cool:

Archived