St Maarten

We didn't actually swim but we enjoyed Maho Beach watching all the big planes landing right above our heads - and I mean right above our heads! There was a nice sandy beach and quite a few were swimming. The water was very warm in February.

If you do go to Maho Beach, be sure to leave to go back to the ship by 3:00 because there's a drawbridge that goes up around 3:30 or 4:00 and you don't want to get caught up in that traffic.

We enjoyed it a lot and will probably go back again. There was a bar - I think it was the Sunset Beach Bar - right on the beach that served good food and reasonable priced drinks.

Like I said, we really enjoyed it. You can see internet pictures of the planes landing by going to "Maho Beach".

On the Dutch side of the island, there is a beach/resort called Divi Little Bay. We've been there four times now. The taxi there is nominal ( I don't recall exactly, though we were there three weeks ago, but maybe $6/pp?) The beach is clean, the water not too rough (depending on season...we were there once in the winter and it was. However, every time we've been to Orient it has been rough), and there are full facilities and a restaurant and bar. It is our go to spot in St. Maarten. We go there early, and arrange for a taxi to take us to Front St. after,where we window shop, then take the water taxi or walk back to the ship. Highly recommend. I've been to St. Maarten 9 times (DH 7) and this is our go-to place. Happy planning!

Thanks all for your advice! Little Divi beach sounds nice. Cruiser-T we have been to the French side many times we just would like to see the other side of the Island, shops and so on.

Front St. and the boardwalk parallel to it are really great to see the shops. It's within sight of the ship, but even the crew will tell you, that is the place to shop! Enjoy!

Archived