Passengers to sue P&O for Aurora cruise ship fiasco

MrPete

I think I would want more than a refund and on board credit. Just think of all the arraignments that had to be made. If anything had been set up to be taken care of while you were gone and there was a cancelation fee (like the cruise lines cancelation fee for not cruising at the last minute), you would be out that cost also. If you bought new clothes just for the cruise and then couldn't go. I suppose you could offer the on board credit to the people with the cancelation fees. :D

I think I would want more than a refund and on board credit. Just think of all the arraignments that had to be made. If anything had been set up to be taken care of while you were gone and there was a cancelation fee (like the cruise lines cancelation fee for not cruising at the last minute), you would be out that cost also. If you bought new clothes just for the cruise and then couldn't go. I suppose you could offer the on board credit to the people with the cancelation fees. :D

I understand why the passengers are upset. I'd be pretty ticked off myself. However, that doesn't necessarily justify a lawsuit. I am surprised the cruise line didn't offer to reimburse people for cancellation fees of other services, though.

While I understand the disappointment, this comes as no surprise. People are always suing somebody for something. If I read the article correctly, they also received $100 credit for expenses. In this case, P&O should have had the ship prepared ahead of time for a trip of this length, but I think they've done all they can do to reimburse the passengers and no law suit is going to get them anything more.

Archived