Traveling from Nice to Eze

Ashlm85

My husband and I will be in port in Nice for a day in October. I've heard great things about Eze and wanted to go there for a couple of hours. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get there? Train, taxi, etc?

Thanks!

My husband and I will be in port in Nice for a day in October. I've heard great things about Eze and wanted to go there for a couple of hours. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get there? Train, taxi, etc?

Thanks!

Read down on this board as you will find a ton of info on Eze and how to get there.

Something to be aware of ashlm85 - the bus drops you off down the hill. From what I understand, you have quite a ways to walk uphill. I've been told a taxi is the best way to get there quickly and without the walk (about 40E I think). If you're watching your pennies, then the bus is the way to go. :)

It's a 20 minute bus ride from Nice to Eze Village - a direct route on bus #82 and #112. Here's the schedule for #112 and for #82. To get the reverse schedule for #82, choose "Gare Routiere" in the box titled 'Journey Date and Options' just above the schedule. To see a map with the location of the stops on the schedule for #82, click on the white box beside the stop name.

The bus fare is 1 euro each way.

Re the comment above about the walk up to the village, it's not difficult (unless you have mobility issues), and takes maybe 5 - 10 minutes.

jccruiser: I asked that question on Tripadvisor...here's a link to the thread. There are quite a few threads on the various tripadvisor forums (Nice, Monaco & Villefranche forums) re taking the bus ... you might be able to gather more info there on some of those threads.

I think the stop on the Moyenne Corniche would be this one.

Hi Susan

Did you do your stop in Villefranche yet - and if so did you walk up to the Moyen Corniche? I'm thinking maybe it would be easier to go to Eze via Low Corniche and return by the Moyen so I'm walking downhill!!!

where in On are you? - we are in Whitby and going to Villefranche aboard Disney Magic 28 Aug.:)

Hi jccruiser,

We've been to VF but didn't walk up to the M. Corniche. Based on just the walk up from the port to the street where bus #100 travels on, I imagine that continuing the hike up to the M. Corniche would be quite strenuous. Agree that the walk down might be worthwhile though. We took 100 to connect with 83, but with two buses going from Nice to Eze Village, you might be quicker going that route instead. If you bring schedules for 83, 112 and 82, you can decide on your route once you are ready to catch #100. If you catch 100 to go towards Monaco, the stop is on the side of the street closest to the port ... towards Nice, it's across that street (exact stop locations can be found on the maps on the Ligne d'Azur site).

We're on the other side of Lake Ontario from you ... in the Niagara region.

Enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived