Coffee Cards, Soda Cards, Ultimate Cards?

TheCrosswordPuzzler

Ok. We've cruised Princess in the past and are familiar with the soda sticker, however, reading these boards two new cards/stickers have come to light...

Coffee Card...presumably this was available during my last cruise, however, one needed to be detective to find it - unlike the soda sticker which was being offered pretty heavily. How much is it and what does it get you. Also, what are your thoughts on the specialty coffees aboard? Last time I felt the latte selection a bit sparse, but perhaps it has improved?

Ultimate Soda Card? Soda, milkshakes, and smoothies, or maybe not ALL smoothies? Again, cost and thoughts on its use.

Finally is there a spot on the Princess site that lists these cards/stickers and what it gets you? I understand that pricing changes from ship to ship, but the basic product information should be available.

Thank you!

I can't talk about the other cards but the coffee card is about $27.50 including gratuity and it covers 15 specialty coffees, including espresso, latte, cappicchino, double lattes (2 punches). they are cardboard cards with fifteen coffee cups printed on what looks like a playing card, and a punch is made for each specialty coffee. As long as there is one coffee punch available you can get fresh brewed coffee and specialty teas for free. You can use it in the Horizon court (ask your roaming server to get it for you) the coffee bar next to International cafe and the dining room.

Some travel agents give you a book, which appears in your cabin that has a buy one get one free deal for the coffee card. (Not the passport to value book which has very little worth) You can take it from one cruise to another if you have any punches available.

We use it on every cruise for our latte fix.

Coffee card is $24 plus tip. It gets you 15 specialty coffees. As long as it is not used up, you get unlimited brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

Soda Sticker is $4.25/day plus tip.

Ultimate sticker is $9.00 per day plus tip. In also includes mocktails

Pardon my dumbness, but is that "unlimited" brewed coffee deal in addition to the quota of 15 specialty coffees? We've never done the coffee card before (we consider the syrup blend tolerable). Although ... just barely!

If we have unlimited access to a real cup of decent coffee, then one card between us would certainly be great value for a 7 day cruise.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Just got off the Star Princess on Sat..bought the coffee card - it was wonderful. Yes, it includes 15 speciality coffees and unlimited regular ground coffee, tea and hot chocolate. So I would get my vanilla bean latte every am, and get a regular coffee for my husband....very worth the $$$.

The coffee in HC is bad and can't even be doctored up with flavored creamer, which I brought with me.

Coffee card is a life saver and much cheaper than Starbucks.

Pardon my dumbness, but is that "unlimited" brewed coffee deal in addition to the quota of 15 specialty coffees? We've never done the coffee card before (we consider the syrup blend tolerable). Although ... just barely!

If we have unlimited access to a real cup of decent coffee, then one card between us would certainly be great value for a 7 day cruise.

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

If you have a coffee card with at least one punch left, you can get brewed coffee where ever it is served and they do NOT punch your card.

Thank you for the responses. The coffee card sounds like a great deal! And no need to worry about "carry over" I'll easily use up all 15 punches.

Ah, but you can "carry over" to the next cruise if you haven't used all the punches. In fact, we like to keep a card with one punch left in our "take with us" file, so we each have one to carry around. Laminating it increases the useful life. ;)

Ah, but you can "carry over" to the next cruise if you haven't used all the punches. In fact, we like to keep a card with one punch left in our "take with us" file, so we each have one to carry around. Laminating it increases the useful life. ;)

Yes, you can save it for a future cruise.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exactly is a "specialty coffee?" Does it include frappuccino and other starbucks like (i.e. i love my carmel latte with non fat milk :p)? Thanks!

Specialty coffees are things like Lattes, Capachinos, etc. Anything other than regular coffee.

Archived