What to do in Key West with 16 & 18 yr old boys

All4fun&fun4all

I will be taking my boys (finally) on their first cruise. I have been on 3 with Carnival and once to Key West on our June 5th sailing. I tried searching the forum but didnt come up with anything so maybe you guys can help.

We are trying to find things to do in Key West that the boys will find fun that is either free or dirt cheap. We typically cruise on a tight budget when it is just my DBF and I so, this cruise will be especially hard to pull off. But, we are pretty good about finding cheap/free things to do around home so why not try it in Key West.

I had heard about the nifty cemetary so that is a definite stop. Any other ideas on what we can do?

Free or nearly free in Key West is a tough call. Here are some ideas:

The Southermost Point Marker is free and a great photo op.

The Eco-Discovery marine Science Museum is free or you can leave a donation.

The Key West Light House has a small fee and is fun to climb, has a great view and a charming light keeper's house to tour.

Fort Zachary Taylor State Park is pretty cheap if you walk in. Your sons might enjoy the Civil War-era fort and its awesome coastal artillery and the siege mortar.

If the Pirate Soul Museum is still open your sons are the right age for that. There is a fee, but it sin't bad compared to some Key West attractions.

Walk over to the historic schooner wharf area. It is so picturesque. Great free photo ops.

There are two historic Coast Guard cutters at the Truman dock that are cheap to tour. I don't know their hours of operation.

I hope you all have a wonderful time in Key West.

Archived