memorable shipboard ice cream

johno95

Can't give up your affection for ice cream, even when you're on a cruise? Why try? Come share your fondest (and maybe not-so-fond) memories of ice cream on the seas. Whether it be soft or hard, cone or sundae, regular or premium, tell us where you came upon the best and worst cold treats.

It's hard to pass up the "Make your own sundae bar" Carnival offers one afternoon of a cruise. The rest of the time, the soft service vanilla, chocolate, or swirl - and the varities of yogurt - all with a few toppings, are too tempting.:rolleyes: Also - the mango ice cream in the dining room is fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

I second the nomination of Celebrity ice creams...but only if you include their Coconut! and if Key West is one of your ports, you should definately try the south's best ice cream (at least according to Southern Living) at Flamingo Crossing....if they have mango or passionfruit...try it with another scoop of coconut and its heaven in paradise.

Clay

• 2 weeks later...

Richard the ice cream man on the Zaandam and the fantastic coconut ice cream he served up. I also like the toppings that HAL serves. Too bad carnival has to be so cheap and not have them, back by the soft serve machines. They could also at least have some waffle cones for us to serve.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Chocolate mint chip is my favorite flavor and on our recent Oceania cruise, they were serving it one day. It was the best chocolate mint chip I've ever had....anywhere. The ice cream was smooth and very minty and the chocolate wasn't just little bits, it was flat, thin "sheets" of bitter sweet chocolate that broke in your mouth. and there were plenty of them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived