Belize City shopping, Brodies, bakery

407dm

Hi,

I am trying to plan my day in Belize city. I am not the normal tourist. I like to walk into the city and explore. Will this be safe?? I have read a few things that make me wonder?

I would like to walk to the swing bridge, possibly to Brodies store and back. How long should I plan for this?? also are there any other must stop places?? possibly a bakery anyplace close.

thanks for the help

Hi,

I am trying to plan my day in Belize city. I am not the normal tourist. I like to walk into the city and explore. Will this be safe?? I have read a few things that make me wonder?

I would like to walk to the swing bridge, possibly to Brodies store and back. How long should I plan for this?? also are there any other must stop places?? possibly a bakery anyplace close.

thanks for the help

The walk to Brodies is probably 15 minutes tops. You're only issue with safety comes in getting past the excursion hawkers in front of the Tourist Village. Once you're just past the TV things quiet down. Not sure about bakeries along Regents or Queens, but there is a small tourist oriented bakery in the TV. There are several meat and veggie stands around.

Brodie's has a lunch counter in the store...It has some baked goods..No bakery that I know of around....Just outside of Brodie's as well as on the walk there, you will see a lot of food stands....Across the street from Brodies is a small indoor mall. You can pick up DVD movies for $5. bz.

If you like Coca Cola get a bottle (glass). It is made with real sugar not corn syrup...

• 6 years later...