your time dining Carnival

brown99

Please suggest for Carnival when is best for "your time dining?" I have read that if you are not assigned a specific waiter, you wont get good service. Also, you might have to wait for a table if it's busy seating time. We have a party of 4 people and will more than likely eat earlier rather than later. Thank you!

I haven't used your time dining on Carnival yet but will on our next cruise. Our last cruise was on Norwegian and all their ships have open dining. We

found that there is usually a wait when the dining room first opens but after

a 1/2 hour it thins out. With only 4 people the wait times should be short.

As far as service is concerned it should be just as good as scheduled dining. We had 3 different people wait on our table and in fact one of them was the

ships resturant manager for all the eating venues. We had excellent service.

It serves the ship no purpose not to give you the best service they have to offer.

Have no fear... you'll be fine.

It may take a few minutes to get your table for four but if it does you'll be given a pager that will allow you to go off... have a drink... play the slots, whatever until your table is ready.

I don't think you'll get any worse service with Your Time Dining. Your waiter may change every evening and because of that won't know what your preferences are but the service should be great.

:)

Please suggest for Carnival when is best for "your time dining?" I have read that if you are not assigned a specific waiter, you wont get good service. Also, you might have to wait for a table if it's busy seating time. We have a party of 4 people and will more than likely eat earlier rather than later. Thank you!

You can easily have the same wait staff every night...just let the hostess know when you check in, that is if you like the waitstaff that serves you on night one. We did this with no problem.

We had a wait once after the Captains Party for 10 minutes but otherwise we went right in.

YTD can be crowded at peak hours, usually when the MDR first opens and again around 7PM. Elegant nights typically have the longest waits as everyone is trying to eat that night. Larger parties have longer waits than smaller parties. Seating 4 people should not pose a problem. If you like your waitstaff, and want to have then again, you will probably have to wait a bit. I think all the servers try to do their best. Some are naturally better than others. When the room is full or when their assigned sections are filled, they can get bogged down. When the YTD first started on Carnival, there were a lot glithces because they didn't know how to staff or organize the flow, but it's been around a while now and they've added staff and organized the flow better.

If you prefer early dining and a set waitstaff, then do the Our Time Dining with the early time option. Otherwise, enjoy the flexibility YTD gives you.

You can keep the same server if you'd like, otherwise you will have different ones every night. The service was fine, actually better for us because the servers didn't do the whole 'get to know you' routine or any jokes or card tricks, all of which I find super cheesey. We went usually between 6:30-7:30, only waited one night and that was only for 5 min. Always had out own table for two. Would not cruise CCL if not for Anytime Dining....

Just off of the Liberty with your time dining. Worked great for us. We were traveling with our 19 and 21 year old usually ate dinner around 6:00. Walked in the MDR and sat right down. We really enjoyed one of the waiters and requested him every night. Never had a wait but the MDR was a little more crowded by the time we left aroudn 7:30.

We used MTD on the Imagination. We decided on it because we took our 2 year old granddaughter and I'm so glad we did. We went everynight as soon as it opened. Never had to wait for a table. We always had a table by the window, which the baby loved. 3 out of 4 nights we had the same wait staff. I must say we had excellent service every night! Taking her back on Carnival in December and have requested it again. Don't think I'd use regular dining anymore, but that's my personal preference.

I would like to know where you read that.

Just off the Freedom and loved anytime dining. We were able to get the same waitstaff every night and did not have to wait once but there were just two of us. They told us they even had a group of 26 for anytime and they were always seated in a timely manner (brief wait on elegant nights).

Go for it - loved it!

Archived