I'm booked!! but what airport should I fly into?

xcell

Hi

So I finally bit the bullet and booked the Dec 5th 2010 sailing. This has been a very expensive year for me and I wasn't going to book this sailing but it's my b-day, my wife's b-day and our 10 year anniversary, so I bit the bullet, closed my eyes and called it in.

Quick question- which airport should I fly into? Miami or Fort Lauderdale??

Hi

So I finally bit the bullet and booked the Dec 5th 2010 sailing. This has been a very expensive year for me and I wasn't going to book this sailing but it's my b-day, my wife's b-day and our 10 year anniversary, so I bit the bullet, closed my eyes and called it in.

Congrats on booking the Inaugural :D See you onboard.:D

With regards to which airport I would say it may depend on where you are flying from....or are you flying in the day of the cruise or the night before?

Also I would say the cost would be important also..would it be cheaper for you to fly to one airport instead of the other?

We are flying in from Toronto.

I usually fly in a day before as one CC member had said "it's the cheapiest travel insurance you can get."

The departing flight from FLL on Dec 12th is at 11:20am - do you think this is too early, will I make it?

If you fly into FLL(Fort Lauderdale), the cruise port is ten minute taxi ride. If you arrive the day before then u won't have to worry about that. Some hotels will pick u up from airport. You can fly into Miami, which is about a 30-45 min drive depending on traffic. Then u have to pick an airport to fly out of when u return.

We are flying in from Toronto.

I usually fly in a day before as one CC member had said "it's the cheapiest travel insurance you can get."

The departing flight from FLL on Dec 12th is at 11:20am - do you think this is too early, will I make it?

You should be just fine with the 11:20 departure time.

The ship will know how early your flight is, because you will tell them while you are onboard the ship. (there is a form they will put in your cabin)

They will let you off the ship in one of the earliest slots.

If you fly into FLL(Fort Lauderdale), the cruise port is ten minute taxi ride. If you arrive the day before then u won't have to worry about that. Some hotels will pick u up from airport. You can fly into Miami, which is about a 30-45 min drive depending on traffic. Then u have to pick an airport to fly out of when u return.

We are booked in April, I was goingto fly into Miami but will check out FLL based on your recommendation. When we get back from our next cruise that is. Thanks

Hi

Defenitely FLL.

You have Westjet with some copetitive fares, also Air Canada and American Airlines.

For us CDN, air canada is having a seat sale for FLL and the flight times are much better for the direct flights.

The only worry I have is that I booked 11:20am departing FLL on the day the cruise somes into the port. Most of the times, i book a later afternoon and after I get off the boat, i wonder why i didnt book an earlier one. Watch, this time something will happen and I might miss the flight...lol

On another note, fro those going on dec 5th on the Allure - prices are down $30 pp for D4 cabins. Not sure if this is for any other. cross your fingers my travel agency will adjust the price (I paid in full) - if not I wonder if RCI will give OBC for this...

Archived