Questions about Pied Piper

skidawg71

Afternoon everyone.

I have a friend that is considering the Pied Piper Post Thanksgiving cruise. He enjoys cruising but has been reluctant to go because he is single. He's not a huge partier otherwise I would have encouraged him to go on RSVP. Also, the price point for a single cruiser on RSVP is way up there. I suggested the Pied Piper group without really knowing much about it. Is there any feedback you can give for those that have been before? As a single, will he fit in with this group? "Cheers, thanks alot"

We have been on 2 stright cruise that PP was on and had a great time. We did book this years post Thanksgiving with them. From what we have seen and what people have said about the PP group, your friend will have a great time. It's not over board like RSVP or Atlantis. PP does have their own parties that only PP group attends. On the last cruise we were on with PP the Captain told us that he wished all passangers were as great as the PiedPiper group. Tell your friend to go.

Certainly most people are coupled, but there are a fair number of singles on the post-Thanksgiving cruise. It's not a huge party scene and it is easy to meet people and socialize within the group.

I did a PP cruise to Alaska several years ago as a single. All it is a hosted gay group on a mainstream cruise line. We had around 35 people. Mostly men and a few women. They hosted two cocktail parties and a few other events exclusive to the group on the ship. There were also an optional organization shore tours for the group. They also seat everyone in the dining together at several large tables. Everyone usually met in one of the lounges for pre dinner cocktails. From what I understand the post Thanksgiving cruise has had a pretty large groups in the past - several hundreds. You can do as much with the group as you wish or nothing at all. Clearly PP is nothing like the all gay-charters; however, it a great way to cruise and be with "like-minded" folks with out all the intensity of an all-gay charter. I'd done both PP, Atlantis, RSVP as a single and not only are they great cruises, but the are perfect for singles...whether young or old and any body type. I do think PP has a higher percentage of couples to singles then the all-gay charters which are roughly 50/50 couples to singles. As far as a single fitting in on a PP - sure. I don't know why a single won't fit in. There will be other singles as well as couples, friends traveling together, and even a few straight folks travel with their gay friends. Everyone is usually very friendly and get along nicely.

When I was single several years ago I booked with PP because they were the only ones with availbale cabins for the sailing I wanted to go on.

I'm not a joiner & quite independent....there was a group of about 50 men...and they were diverse & interesting...the 2 cocktail parties were fun & many had sailed w/ PP in the past so there was no discomfort for anyone.

My table for 6 was fun & all ages...I did not join in shore excursions etc but ment many of the men during the cruise as I went along my daily activities.....

I was never interested in an all gay cruise / vacation...I would do PP again now that I am partnered....tell your friend to try it once & let us know what he thought....

Full moon, smoothe seas....

My Partner and I have done several Pied Piper Cruises and thouroughly enjoyed them. Those cruises also tend to have a following, both gay and straight who book independently from PP. I've found this especially true on the Trans Atlantic sailings. The Martini Bar pre dinner, The piano bar after dinner and the dance bar late night are always interesting on these cruises. :)

Archived