buffett on debarkation morning?

musicmansmom

we will have a 11am shuttle pick-up to get back to seattle when we get into port the last morning. i know a cruise-savy member here will be able to tell me if we can get some breakfast on the ship before we get off. i think i read the main dining room will be closed, but i am not sure about the lido buffett. it is the carnival spirit we will be on. thanks for letting me know what i can expect.

I second going to the dining room for breakfast on debarkation day. I had no problem all week eating breakfast on the lido deck on Sensation, but that final morning there were hordes of people on the lido deck, and the buffet lines were INSANE. I grabbed some bagels for my husband and cereal and milk for the kids, and I didn't eat until we got home. Next time I will just go to the dining room, where there is probably a MUCH smaller crowd.

Its not so much a smaller crowd but things are much more organized in the dining room and you are not jockeying for position for the buffet line or trying to find a table enmasse with the other people doing the same.

But be aware that when you do the dining room for breakfast you will probably not get a pravate table but will be sharing a table with others.

Well...............on January 6th on the Legend we decided that eating in the Dining Room for Breakfast would be faster than the Buffet..............ON NO! Seems everyone else had the same idea, they actually closed the doors (I think it was at 9:00 the time breakfast is posted as being finished) on people still trying to get in for breakfast and talk about insane.............we never did get napkins, never got the bagel my daughter ordered and service was lousy.

Heard later that the Buffet was a breeze to get through.............of course it was eveyone was down in the dining room! It's 50/50 on choice, so all you have to decide is do you want to stand in line, or be waited on. Just do everyone a favor if you can..............don't drag everything you're carring off the ship into the Dining Room with you.......if you ask your Steward, they should be okay with you leaving it in the cabin until after you eat.......at least on my last three cruises my Steward had no problem with it.

Archived