anyone ever pay off cruise BEFORE final payment?

ryano

[quote name='dzcruisers']But can't you upgrade your cabin if there is an avilable upgrade at the price you paid???[/QUOTE]

I book the cabin catagory that I want. Upgrades are meaningless to me. Now money on the other hand....;)

So far, I've not had to pay enough for a cruise to worry about when I make final payment.

It all goes on the VISA and it gets paid at the end of the month so there is really no need to rush into paying it. :D

Now, for our anticipated Panama Canal cruise in 2012 - I've actually started saving money, sort of. I decided to use some of the funds in a money market account I set up about 4 years ago and haven't added to in a couple of years, money in my Paypal account, some money in another small savings account I have and then to put away some from each commission over the next couple of years. But, like all - Whenever the schedule is announced I'll make the reservation and then I'll make the last payment about a week before it is due (is that considered early?)

[quote name='Cuizer2']Which hand is "the other hand"? :confused:[/QUOTE]

My meaning was that the possible upgrades, if availiable, that they are offering are of no value to me as I book the catagory that I want. I don't want an upgrade. The old policy of refunding money or offering OBC IS of value to me. That is the other hand.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']My meaning was that the possible upgrades, if availiable, that they are offering are of no value to me as I book the catagory that I want. I don't want an upgrade. The old policy of refunding money or offering OBC IS of value to me. That is the other hand.[/quote]

I meant it literally. Is the right hand or the left hand the other hand?

[quote name='Ocean Boy']Correct. And it appears that with the new policy that went into effect on May 17 that RCI's choice is to give you nothing.[/quote]

Hmmmm. Not a good idea in my book ! Now I think many will wait until the very last minute to book.

[quote name='texancruzer']Hmmmm. Not a good idea in my book ! Now I think many will wait until the very last minute to book.[/QUOTE]

Including me. I don't need high demand weeks and I am not fussy about cabins. It will be the waiting game for me from now on.

Archived