Atlantis Water Park in Nassau, (height restrictions)

needalatte74

We have 3 kids, 17, 11, & 4. The two older ones are begging us for a shore excursion to Nassu's Atlantis. Pricey, but I think it will be worth it if everyone can enjoy it.

NCL's shore excursion list shows a height requirement of 48 inches for the water slides. The littlest one is still too short and I'm wondering if there's enough for him to enjoy as well. Otherwise, I don't know if I'll spend the money. :(

Does anyone know?

We have 3 kids, 17, 11, & 4. The two older ones are begging us for a shore excursion to Nassu's Atlantis. Pricey, but I think it will be worth it if everyone can enjoy it.

NCL's shore excursion list shows a height requirement of 48 inches for the water slides. The littlest one is still too short and I'm wondering if there's enough for him to enjoy as well. Otherwise, I don't know if I'll spend the money. :(

Does anyone know?

the height requirement is indeed 48 inches. There are a few things that your 4 year old can do.. (lazy river/ current), but I think the small kiddie pools might be a bit boring for him.

$80 is alot of $$ for a splasher pool.

Check out the atlantis website.. it has descriptions of all pools/ slides and play areas.

We are contemplating the same thing. My girls will be 4 and 5 when we go, and I don't know if my oldest DD will be tall enough (she has to grow 3 inches in the next 9 months :D ).

I think that they will love the Splashers Kid Pool and Water Playground.

We are planning on doing the Dolphin Encounter with the Aquaadventure pass included.

My kids have both been to Atlantis a few times when they were under the 48" mark and they were never bored

I am actually laughing to myself because we ran all over trying to do all of the things that they could do and there was so much that we never stayed in one play very long.

So I assure you -- Atlantis has more than enough to keep everyone happy. I don't do the cruise line excursions though, we always get a room at Atlantis. It comes with 4 waterpark passes. Or you can book the Comfort Suites next door and get 4 passes. It is MUCH cheaper than the cruise line. But you need 5 passes? Is it 3 kids, 2 adults? If so, see if there is anyone else on your roll call that is going and willing to split a oom with you at atlantis/comfort suites. The price will be much less.

Anyway...here are the pics from when my kids were under 48" inches tall during our Atlantis trips...

482585-R1-16-15A_017.jpg

482585-R1-13-12A_014.jpg

482585-R1-21-20A_022.jpg

878783-R1-08-8A_009.jpg

878783-R1-06-5A_007.jpg

878783-R1-07-6A_008.jpg

And more....

878783-R1-05-4A_006.jpg

878783-R1-04-3A_005.jpg

878783-R1-10-10A_011.jpg

878783-R1-11-11A_012.jpg

Crusinmamma, I was thinking about checking in to comfort suites for Atlantis. Do they care if you get there before checkin time? And did you tell them that your not stayin? Also I have 3 kids, one is only 1yrs old so I don't need two rooms do I? Never been to nassau and you sound like the one to ask. Thanks so much? Also If I wanted to take my DD , while in atlantis, to do the dolphin thing, can I just pay there for that.

Crusinmamma, I was thinking about checking in to comfort suites for Atlantis. Do they care if you get there before checkin time? And did you tell them that your not stayin? Also I have 3 kids, one is only 1yrs old so I don't need two rooms do I? Never been to nassau and you sound like the one to ask. Thanks so much? Also If I wanted to take my DD , while in atlantis, to do the dolphin thing, can I just pay there for that.

Yes you can get there before check in time. We get there at 10am. We go to the front desk and we get the wrist bands. Then if you actually want the rooms you need to come back at 2pm to get the key. Some just go at 10am and they "check in and out" at the same time. And no, they don't care if you are staying. Your one child who is 1 year old is free, so you do not need a wrist band for that one. So you one need ONE room. The one year old is free.

And yes, there is a desk at Atlantis hotel where you can purchase the dolphin swim. Don't know how much that is on its own, you might want to check with the Nassau port of Call board here at CC -- see if its cheaper to get it through the cruise line -- which I doubt.

Oh and it is REALLY EASY to get to Atlantis from the ships. There are two ways to do it. I like the taxis. You get off the ship, walk right into the port building there and right up to the "Transportation Desk" and say "I want to go to Atlantis". The nice people there will put you in a line and match you up with a taxi driver who will load you into a mini van shuttle taxi. The price is $5pp each way. When you want to come back from Atlantis, just walk out of the hotel and say to the baggage handlers "I want to go back to the cruise ships" They will get you a taxi

There is also the more adventurous way -- the water taxi. It is $3pp each way. Same way to get it. You go into the port building and get the tickets at the trasportation desk. They will guide you to the water taxi. You get a little tour of the homes in Nassau along the water route. But the water taxis are a little smoky (the engines). THen you have a 10 minute walk to Atlantis once you get off the water taxi. The water taxi guide will tell you which way to go and you can follow the crowd.

I have done it both ways. And I have done it alone with just my girls -- very easy.

I love the room idea....Question for curisemamma also....We are only in Nassau port half a day till 2:00 PM I think. I would love to take my kids to Atalantis waterpark. Do you think half a day is enough time? Thank you!

This is a tough one. As much as I love Atlantis. I would think no. This is really too short of a time. Usually, it takes us until 5pm to see everything at Atlantis and even then, we are pushing it.

If you still want a little bit of adventure in Nassau for kids, why don't you try Blackbeards Cay. We did this on our last trip to Nassau. It is a Private Island in the Bahamas where you can swim with stingrays on one side and just lay on a private secluded beach on the other.

My kids loved this one. You book it through the cruise line.

086.jpg

087.jpg

111-1.jpg

093.jpg

103.jpg

108.jpg

I will caution you if you wait until you get to Atlantis to book the dolphins it may be sold out. We stayed at Atlantis a few months ago. We checked in about noon on Friday, and they were sold out of the shallow water experience until Tuesday. I didn't notice when you are going, if it is off season maybe it will be better? We were there in early June so before the full brunt of summer vacationers.

I love the room idea....Question for curisemamma also....We are only in Nassau port half a day till 2:00 PM I think. I would love to take my kids to Atalantis waterpark. Do you think half a day is enough time?

Thank you!

The waterpark doesn't open until 10 am.. and you need to leave at 1 to be back to the ship on time. 3 hours for $110./$80 (atlantis prices) .. only you can say whether it's worth it.

Thanks for the help crusinmamma, We booked a last minute cruise so I'm rushing to figuring out the excursions. If the dolphin thing sells out then my DD can do it next time. Since the water park doesn't open till 10 am, do I have time in the morning to go to the straw market? How far is it from port? I'm a sucker for shopping!

Thanks for the help crusinmamma, We booked a last minute cruise so I'm rushing to figuring out the excursions. If the dolphin thing sells out then my DD can do it next time. Since the water park doesn't open till 10 am, do I have time in the morning to go to the straw market? How far is it from port? I'm a sucker for shopping!

Straw Market starts to open at 9am.. some a little later.

Figure 25 minutes to grab a cab, drop off at Atlantis and find the towel hut to get your bracelets.

If you are buyin a day pass at the Atlantis... give yourself some time at the check in desk... Depending on the day and time of arrival, there can be a line.

Straw Market starts to open at 9am.. some a little later.

Figure 25 minutes to grab a cab, drop off at Atlantis and find the towel hut to get your bracelets.

If you are buyin a day pass at the Atlantis... give yourself some time at the check in desk... Depending on the day and time of arrival, there can be a line.

Scubagirrl is an expert on all things Bahamas, so you can trust this info :D:D:D

Thanks Scubagirrl! :D

Archived