Are these boards still acting up

FinelyCruising

Yes, me too. Seems to load faster in the morning / afternoon hours. In the evening it is incredibly slow to load. That's when I have to give up. Very frustrating. Odd thing is that it only seems to be the message boards that have this slow problem. The regular site where you can access reviews and articles seems to load fine. Wonder what is up with all this? Very frustrating......

FC, unless you consider the San Antonio, Texas area a foreign country than I think you can rule that one out;). That's the location of the datacenter hosting this site.

Looks to me to be a high load situation on their database server(s) at this location by the nature of the error messages - timeouts. I'm sure they are aware of this by now and are addressing it. Seems ok in the mornings but that gets bad in the afternoon.

Joel

Oh that's something its in Texas. Its been a record here in the NE for this entire summer and there is nothing, and I mean nothing wrong with how ours are running if you think its temps. We run for critical load so our designs and those of our customers who self manage would not be impacted by temps like these or those anywhere else.

Yes the DC is not managing the IT load, that's where it starts. If the design is poor, the scheduled maintenance is poor, the equipment is not taken care of or replaced then its a poor choice/location IMHO for this operation and frankly that's nothing new over all these years and the quantity and type of interruptions. I don't see this on other sites but I see it here all the time.

Oh that's something its in Texas. Its been a record here in the NE for this entire summer and there is nothing, and I mean nothing wrong with how ours are running if you think its temps. We run for critical load so our designs and those of our customers who self manage would not be impacted by temps like these or those anywhere else.

Yes the DC is not managing the IT load, that's where it starts. If the design is poor, the scheduled maintenance is poor, the equipment is not taken care of or replaced then its a poor choice/location IMHO for this operation and frankly that's nothing new over all these years and the quantity and type of interruptions. I don't see this on other sites but I see it here all the time.

Who said anything about heat?

Heat is a factor but only having to do the patience waiting for response from their severs at times.

Stay Cool!

Joel

Archived