Are these boards still acting up

FinelyCruising

Thanks. I recognized a thread a few days ago I posted to that was deleted and I thought as a result of a resolution that CC did not want to have continue as a negative that was occurring, but it seems it surely is.

Not sure what the issue is with CC or their site manager, but's its definitely not daily maintenance.

Congratualtions, CruiseCritic! You are now officially the slowest web site on the planet. Geeze, it harkens back to the days of dial-up connections - that is, if it even goes through without that 'database error' message popping up half the time.

I hope it gets fixed soon - I need my CruiseCritic fix! :D

FC....it is not you. I am having a bad time too. I just got a new

modem so I thought things would be running smoother and they are

on the other areas of the net but now I know it is definitely CC.

First, you get on (which seems to take forever:()...then if you post

a reply, that can take forever too...and if you try going to another

forum? Forget it.....:eek: and I keep getting "The database is down":rolleyes:

Not really, it's just reality in the World of Cyberspace.........

No Ed, not really. I run Data Centers and this would not be acceptable. I think CC may be using an other than USofA based Data Center, so here in the USof A, this is an unacceptable ongoing concern to customers. With a responsibility for managed DC customers such as a CC type, I have no idea why these server conditions continue to occur without response for themselves and their customers.

No, it's definitely not just you. I haven't been able to even get on quite often the last few days, and when the site does load, it reloads multiple times. I finally just let the site do the reloading frenzy just now, and then after about 15 minutes, I could read the posts and respond. I hope whatever the glitch is, it gets fixed soon. It really is frustrating.:(

No Ed, not really. I run Data Centers and this would not be acceptable. I think CC may be using an other than USofA based Data Center, so here in the USof A, this is an unacceptable ongoing concern to customers. With a responsibility for managed DC customers such as a CC type, I have no idea why these server conditions continue to occur without response for themselves and their customers.

FC, unless you consider the San Antonio, Texas area a foreign country than I think you can rule that one out;). That's the location of the datacenter hosting this site.

Looks to me to be a high load situation on their database server(s) at this location by the nature of the error messages - timeouts. I'm sure they are aware of this by now and are addressing it. Seems ok in the mornings but that gets bad in the afternoon.

Joel

Well, I am sure 'Junior' would say that my 'Talladega Fast' High Speed Road Runner isnt the problem. I tried accessing the Celebrity Boards and kept getting the dreaded 'screen of death'. Went over to the HAL Boards, downloaded a picture, and posted it to a thread. In that same time while I was waiting for that to complete:

1) Microwaved a California Pizza Kitchen (BBQ Chicken)

2) Ate said pizza

3) Washed the dirty pizza dishes

4) Renewed my Rhapsody licenses on my mp3 player

5) Took dog out to go potty

6) Added two new playlist to my Rhapsody favorites

7) Went to the mailbox and checked my mail

Archived