Advice requested on Bon Voyage gifts - cake & banner

2Oregonians

The Happy Birthday ones look just like the Happy Anniversary ones we got. Here is a picture where you can see some of them at least. By the way, the keychains are actually really nice! Not cheap looking at all!

IMG_1854.jpg

2969227120103426017Rqruvv_th.jpg

Here is the 6" chocolate cake, we ordered this for my friends birthday and had it delivered to the dining room. It was very yummy!! Not WCMC but still very good. They sang to her and everything. Well worth the $7

I've never ordered decorations from Carnival but will have them on my upcoming cruise. I've had them on RC before and I thought they added a little fun to the trip. :p Not that there wasn't already a ton of fun.

question to those of you who have ordered cakes. When I go online and get right to the end it asks if I want it delivered on sail date or a given night. If I choose a night, does that mean it will automatically be delivered to the dining room?

Also are the anniversary cakes shown on the BV page a good representation of what they actually look like? We only need the small but I love the details on the larger cake.

I know I could call, but I have a stupid anxiety about calling strangers. On that note..can these be ordered at formalities once we board?

Jeafl... Those decorations are cute! I've now seen the bon voyage and the anniversary ones. Thanks!! I'm sure Mom will enjoy them.

sarapdot... The cake looks yummy! I looked through a few more of your pictures and it looks like they made your friend stand up and dance. I hope they don't ask my Mom to do that. She'd be embarrassed for sure! What was said or done if you can remember? Think they'll ask a 75 yr old to do what they asked a much younger person to do? I hope not or I'll have to call and have it sent to the cabin for sure.

Thanks to both of you.

caracol - we ordered ours from Formalities the day of her birthday and it was delivered at dinner. I think we had the option of having it delivered to the room instead.

2Oregonians - the dancing came after the cake..they didn't make her dance or do anything. They brought the cake out and put a bow on her head made of napkins, then they sang happy birthday to her and that was it. She just joined in to the nightly waiter dancing routine. Don't worry they won't make her do anything.

Thanks Sara, I may just wait then.

One of our favourite parts of dinner every evening was watching and listening to the waiters sing Happy Birthday, in a hilarious mixed combo of accents.

Our most memorable was the night they sang.. Hoppy Birt-tay Choo Choo to Richard, but it came out Reeeect - tarrd, :D

Of course that was our day at Grand Turk / Margaritaville so almost anything was funny at that point!

caracol - we ordered ours from Formalities the day of her birthday and it was delivered at dinner. I think we had the option of having it delivered to the room instead.

2Oregonians - the dancing came after the cake..they didn't make her dance or do anything. They brought the cake out and put a bow on her head made of napkins, then they sang happy birthday to her and that was it. She just joined in to the nightly waiter dancing routine. Don't worry they won't make her do anything.

Ok good to know! Thanks.

Thanks Sara, I may just wait then.

One of our favourite parts of dinner every evening was watching and listening to the waiters sing Happy Birthday, in a hilarious mixed combo of accents.

Our most memorable was the night they sang.. Hoppy Birt-tay Choo Choo to Richard, but it came out Reeeect - tarrd, :D

Of course that was our day at Grand Turk / Margaritaville so almost anything was funny at that point!

OMG!! I'm laughing over this! I actually sang it in my head and it's hilarious. My husband and our friends would have gone into hysterics over this. Thanks for the laugh!

I surprised DD with the banner for a special occasion & she loved it! She's in her 30's. The banner was adorable & really brightened up the stateroom.

I also ordered the chocolate-dipped strawberries which were wonderful -- haven't tried the cake though.

I definitely thought they were both worth the price for a special occasion. (The strawberries are worth it even if there's no special occasion!)

We just got off the Splendor on Sunday, August 8th.....I ordered the room decorations 'CONGRATULATIONS'...(combo birthday & HS grad)....IMO....$35 is a decent price for the amount of decorations (as described)....large deco in middle of room....banner on wall....table top 'spray'...and 4 different corners...and...they are up when upon arrival.....and can be enjoyed the entire cruise.

I also ordered a cake...to be given at the first night at dinner. That was a 'mistake'....since the desserts (creme brulee first night:p) are always so good....we took a picture of our daughter w/cake...however, asked our server to place it in a box...and we took it back to the room. It didn't fit in the fridge....and sat on the counter...for several days..until we decided to eat it would be 'risky :confused:'....so we put it out w/room service dishes! Wasted a cake........

A much better choice would be to have chocolate-dipped strawberries (they are DELICIOUS!)....waiting in the room for them....or you can even choose which day/time to have them delivered. They are accompanied with a note paper from Carnival with a message that you choose when ordering. The choc-dipped strawberries are a much better choice than cake...IMO...lesson learned for us!

It's very sweet of you to have those decorations ordered as a surprise and will be enjoyed for the length of the cruise. We even packed the 'table top spray' and brought it home.

Enjoy ordering! :)

I'm a Princess gal and don't know anything about Carnival's bon voyage gifts.

My mom's birthday will occur while they are on a cruise and I'd like to send her the 6" birthday cake for $7.95 http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Occasions+Cakes&pid=6B

and the HAPPY BIRTHDAY banner / centerpiece / keychains for $35.00 (click "view larger image" to see the additional items) http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Special+Occasions&pid=80E

Any thoughts? Have you gotten either of these items? Do you have pictures by any chance??

Thanks in advance!!!!!!

My inlaws went on a cruise in July. They had just celebrated their 50th anniversery. I had their room done and the 6" cake. they loved it and they said the Chocolate cake was the best. Find out when dinner is. They sung Happy Anniversery at dinner

The lady said it would be provided at dinner and asked me what night. I said it would be better if it went to the cabin because they don't always go to dinner each night. She said (and I really wonder about this?) that there is a notice sent to the cabin stating that there will be a cake at dinner that night. That way they are sure to go so they can get their cake. Anyone know if that's actually true? She talked me into it because she said that way the waiter will sing happy birthday to her. I agreed, but now I'm thinking I should have pushed for it to be delivered to the room because Mom might be embarrassed. Oh well... lol.

Thanks again for all the great replies. Love Cruise Critic!

Try calling again, I'm sure they could change the order as long as it isn't too close to the sail date to make an order.

Somebody else ordered the cake for me, so I don't know all the details of making an order, but since the cake was off a wish-list I'd sent the person, I'd asked the person to have it be in my cabin if they ordered it for me. When I got to my cabin, the decorations were already up and the chocolate cruise ship they also ordered was already there (along with the stuff that comes with the decorations - like somebody else said, the keychains are actually really nice metal keychains). Soon there was a knock on my door and a man delivered my cake. (I was one of the first ppl in the cabins that day, so the employees were still out doing stuff in cabins, delivering things, etc.)

I didn't want the cake at dinner because (a) I knew I wanted to order Warm Chocolate Melting Cake for dessert every night, (b) the cake wasn't big enough to share with my whole group, and © I wanted the cake as an anytime-I'm-hungry snack in my room.

It didn't fit in the fridge....and sat on the counter...for several days..until we decided to eat it would be 'risky :confused:'....so we put it out w/room service dishes! Wasted a cake........

Chocolate cake gets stale, not "risky" when it is bad. And it takes a while to do that. It is fine to keep the cake on the counter in the cabin all week long. Just so you know for the next time, as the cake is delicious! :)

My parents' cruise departed today and they called me from their room just after they got onboard and saw the decorations. They both said it was really festive and colorful. They loved it. Described it to me in maybe a little bit too much detail! lol. They said the keychains were good quality. They didn't know yet about the cake, so that wasn't mentioned. I'm sure I'll hear from them at the end of the cruise regarding the cake.

Thanks once again to everyone who responded on this thread. Cruise Critic is the best, isn't it?

I'm glad they enjoyed your gift! I'm sure they'll love the cake, too!! Somebody ordered me cake on my Royal Caribbean cruise as well as on my Carnival cruise and the Carnival cake was MUCH better! (That may have been partially due to the fact that RC never listed there was a filling in the cake, which doesn't make for happy ppl who can't eat said filling due to allergies or medical conditions....)

My parents' cruise departed today and they called me from their room just after they got onboard and saw the decorations. They both said it was really festive and colorful. They loved it. Described it to me in maybe a little bit too much detail! lol. They said the keychains were good quality. They didn't know yet about the cake, so that wasn't mentioned. I'm sure I'll hear from them at the end of the cruise regarding the cake.

Thanks once again to everyone who responded on this thread. Cruise Critic is the best, isn't it?

It sure is the best..it is just wonderful that they like it and thanks for updates..Sarah

Archived