Venice Link - Airport Transit to San Marco

hubofhockey

I wanted to post this for reference because I was confused when I purchased tickets for Venice Link. They advertise it as a shared transfer to "anywhere in Venice" from the airport for 27 euros per person. I purchased it hoping it would get me to my hotel (Locanda Orseolo). Wrong!!!!! It is a shared taxi and it is shared by a maximum of 7 people. So, at most, it will make three stops. But for San Marco, it will only stop at the main stop on the Grand Canal. We had to pay a porter 25 euros to roll our bags with us to our hotel. So our total cost was 79. I guess only private water taxis go to the hotels. I think one to our hotel would have been around 120 euros. In retrospect, maybe we would have done Venice Link anyway as the public Vaporetto would have save about 25 to 30 euros. But the "anywhere in Venice" line on the Venice Link site is not exactly correct.

As for the logistics of Venice Link, you purchase your ticket online. When you get your bags at the ariport, you proceed to their transportation window at the airport. They will tell you where to walk to find your boat. It is a 5-10 minute walk. But you will have use of the roller carriages. I hope this helps anyone with quesitons about airport travel.

Archived