Portofino Wine Dinner

Bummer! Sailing in 2 weeks on Explorer and just got a call from RCI telling me they are discontinuing the Portofino Wine Dinner that we had booked. Oh well, now I have to see how to spend that money that I had already written off!

Consider yourself lucky!

We have done 2 sailings on the AOS and the first cruise we dined at Portofino's 5 nights excluding the wine and mystery dinner. The second cruise we dined there all 7 nights. The menu selection for the wine and mystery dinners were disappointing. All of the regular dining nights at Portofino's were outstanding.

Jim

Consider yourself lucky!

We have done 2 sailings on the AOS and the first cruise we dined at Portofino's 5 nights excluding the wine and mystery dinner. The second cruise we dined there all 7 nights. The menu selection for the wine and mystery dinners were disappointing. All of the regular dining nights at Portofino's were outstanding.

Jim

I agree. I have not done the mystery dinner theatre, but I got a peek at the set menu and decided I'd rather got to Portofino on a night when the full menu was available. So, to the OP, just a dinner at Portofino would be a nice substitute.

I agree. I have not done the mystery dinner theatre, but I got a peek at the set menu and decided I'd rather got to Portofino on a night when the full menu was available. So, to the OP, just a dinner at Portofino would be a nice substitute.

And a tad bit less expensive, too!

And a tad bit less expensive, too!

Of course, I don't mean to run down the mystery part of it, especially since I've not experienced it first hand. I've heard some reviews from people who really enjoyed it. And if the set menu reflects close to what you might have ordered, anyway . . .

Archived