single pax, drinks pkg, here's an idea

cruisestitch

Yeah, like that is gonna happen! The money is not made from room sales but all of those extras: drinks, gambling, shore excursions, etc. I sailed as a single on RCL last year for less than $70/day for an inside and on X a couple of years back for $125/day. I have not seen deals like that in a long time but even with today's prices I do not see time discounting much of anything, singles or doubles. JMHO

In a different thread, someone suggested a discount for the second passenger buying a drinks package. Arrgggh..... it would be another way that singles get the short end......

That was me. But if it makes you feel better, you could find another single person and share a discount!! Just another way to meet people. Maybe they could have a "Partner needed for Drink Package Discount" get together or something. :p

Hmmm...third and fourth passenger discount? Group rates? And maybe "refer a friend" discount? What a way to meet people ..... we could all sign up on our Roll Call together! It would be like a Cruise Critic perk for those of us who know about this Board, and the clueless nonCC people would be none the wiser!

Hmmm...third and fourth passenger discount? Group rates? And maybe "refer a friend" discount? What a way to meet people ..... we could all sign up on our Roll Call together! It would be like a Cruise Critic perk for those of us who know about this Board, and the clueless nonCC people would be none the wiser!

Absolutely! Let's just make sure they don't require you to stay in the same cabin! Yikes!:eek:

Okay, how about this one ..... I'm all for a cabin discount for everyone, but how about a special rate for seniors sharing a cabin, who don't drink a lot anyway, or at least we shouldn't, but think we can. If they charged us the equivalent of 6 drinks per day, they'd still be making lots of money. We might think we can, but we really can't!!! The one size fits all with Celebrity doesn't work!!

Okay, how about this one ..... I'm all for a cabin discount for everyone, but how about a special rate for seniors sharing a cabin, who don't drink a lot anyway, or at least we shouldn't, but think we can. If they charged us the equivalent of 6 drinks per day, they'd still be making lots of money. We might think we can, but we really can't!!! The one size fits all with Celebrity doesn't work!!

Well I think that would wrongly be stereotyping people based on age. I'm not against the discount, in fact if that's what they want to do I'm all for it. I'm not agreeing with the rationale. I know plenty of "Seniors" including family members who could and have drank way more than me (and on a regular basis) and I just turned 36. I think you're not giving enough credit to Seniors. That's like saying just because someone weighs 120 lbs, they couldn't possibly drink as much as a 220 lb person.

Neither I, nor my husband are drinkers, but enjoy an occasional cocktail a few times a year. Mostly when we're on the ship. However, we probably wouldn't drink enough to get our money's worth even we did share a package so more than likely will not be partaking in that option.

I was just suggesting in my original post on the other thread that if Celebrity is finding that drink sharing is indeed happening (and we can see that it probably is), why not offer some incentive to people to go ahead and get another package and quit cheating the system. I admit, it is bad when you have to give people a reason to be honest, but it would add revenue. And for the people who are honest, and just want to enjoy the same perks, well it's a nice little discount.

I suppose it could be taken further to have other offers for different levels of Captain's Club as well, but that is a whole other discussion that I will leave up to others for now.

Archived