Excusions for Maz/Cabo/PV-little walking?

chadsjewel

Ok everyone, (a little background to why Im asking)

Hubby and I are going on our first cruise-Mex. Riviera on the Splendor in November. This will be our first time in Mexico as well. Originally, we had planned to do Stone Island and Randi's Horses for Maz, an ATV tour with Johann and Sandra in Cabo, and tequila tasting in PV.

Hubby broke his ankle, just had surgery and will be 30 days after recovery when we cruise. Any recommendations for what to do in these places, instead of what we had planned? Just stuff with less chance of reinjury, lol, and not too much walking.

By the way, I have learned so much from these boards! I read reviews and chose our excursions with confidence, partly based on the knowledge I found here. Thanks in advance!

Aww what bad timing :( Hope your DH is up and hopping around soon! My DH becomes a baby when he is sick so can't imagine a broken ankle:rolleyes:

I would still do Stone Island minus the horses for him.....email Randi and see if she can't pick him up and take him straight to Victor's...when we were there last Jan we were talking with her and two of the group who did not ride. We all had a great time :)

PV is the tequila tour a guide one on the AC tour bus??? We did something like that our first vist to PV many years ago and if it is the sme tour he should be fine.....you end up having lunch at a great spot in Mismaloya!!!!

If not then catch a Taxi to the southside of PV (Tourist boards call it the Romantic Zone) and park yourself at any of the amazing beachfront restaurants and eat and drink the day away.

Also you could do a day's pass at Playa Los Arcos hotel located in the smae area and have full use of their pools and such. I think an All Inclusive pass is about $30 USD.

Cabo I am not sure as we walked around and then caught a glass bottomed taxi out to Lover's beach. I couldn't imagine your DH trying to get off and back on the boat at LB......I am sure one of the many experts here could help you ......Househunter I am looking at you here :)

Thanks for your response!

We will probably keep the tequila tasting in PV, but are considering going with one of Mazatlan Frank's partner tours rather than the ship tours to maybe get some added flexibility. We are also considering doing the city tour and tequila tasting in Maz with Frank, but are going to contact Randi first.

I guess the one place that I have no clue about is Cabo, lol. Maybe a resort?

Yeah, I have considered that and at this point we have nothing planned in Cabo. Surgeon said recovery 8 weeks which would be October 3, about a month before we sail, but who knows what "recovery" means lollol. We are, surprisingly, not disappointed with having to rearrange our trip. Just gives us another excuse to book another cruise!! If we cant tender, so be it. We will take as much advantage of the ship as we can and enjoy our balcony ;)

I know I have read the answer before, but PV is a tender port as well, right? And Maz is not? Just tryin to get my ducks in a row lol. Thanks everyone.

It depends on how many ships are in PV , and which have prior docking rights. You can check "cruisett" and look for the date you will be there. If there are three ships or less, you are pretty certain to dock.

It depends on how many ships are in PV , and which have prior docking rights. You can check "cruisett" and look for the date you will be there. If there are three ships or less, you are pretty certain to dock.

Thanks!! That is one bit of info I hadn't seen yet! From what I see, it appears that we will be docking.

Just thought Id drop a line re: Mazatlan Frank. I have set up tours through him for both Maz and PV and his response time cannot be beat! If you are even considering using him, do not hesistate! The deposit is very reasonable and I believe he has a no port, no pay guarantee.

In Cabo, we are not planning anything but considering the Hotel Finisterra. I read that the use of their pools is free. Anyone have any experience with them?

Archived