Costa Atlantica March 2011

desy

Earlier in the year I saw a cruise starting in Miami and ending in Canada by the Atlantica. It visited Norfolk, New York Boston etc. I really liked this cruise but on looking now for it Costa looks to have pulled it, the Atlantica heading back to Europe. Any body know why they have pulled the plug, we are very disappointed.

Earlier in the year I saw a cruise starting in Miami and ending in Canada by the Atlantica. It visited Norfolk, New York Boston etc. I really liked this cruise but on looking now for it Costa looks to have pulled it, the Atlantica heading back to Europe. Any body know why they have pulled the plug, we are very disappointed.

I was booked on it..25 March, Costa Atlantica, Miami to Quebec City. The cruise was cancelled by Costa 2 months ago because of lack of bookings on the same cruise season this year, even with massive discounts. Ship has been redeployed to the Med, so now on 25 March it will go from Miami to Venice. A lot of people are still waiting for refunds. Others like me had paid for flights, hotels etc, which were not refunded by Costa (I tried !) nor are claimable under travel insurance as they do not pay out on ship redeployment/rescheduling. I had to book a HAL Caribbean cruise to fill the void and now have to fly to Quebec City to continue my travel arrangements. All this has cost us another couple of grand.

To say I am not happy with Costa is an understatement, no way would I book with them again, their administration is pathetic. Yes and they are part of Carnival Corp.

Thanks for your reply, I am disappointed the cruise was cancelled and am sorry to hear of your troubles with Costa. I dont have much luck with Costa, last year I was due to said on the Europa but it crashed in Egypt and that cruise was canelled three weeks before we were due to sail. I must sat Costa looked after us quite well, we went on a Far East Cruise and had a cabin upgrade. Hope you have a nice cruise.

Thanks for your reply, I am disappointed the cruise was cancelled and am sorry to hear of your troubles with Costa. I dont have much luck with Costa, last year I was due to said on the Europa but it crashed in Egypt and that cruise was canelled three weeks before we were due to sail. I must sat Costa looked after us quite well, we went on a Far East Cruise and had a cabin upgrade. Hope you have a nice cruise.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. Yes we will still enjoy our adventures, despite the Costa disaster, it would have been a great trip, not having been to the US/Canada east coast. Good to see Costa looked after you, we got our money back after 2 months, minus $13 bank remittance fee !

By the way I was in Liverpool last July, whilst on board Crown Princess, great city and friendly people, loved what they have done to the Royal Albert Dock area, maritime museum etc. Happy cruising.

Archived