Dolphin Encounter AND Aquadventure in 1 Day?

ktmo

We will be in Nassau in April (spring break) from 8am - Midnight. We really want to do a dolphin encounter and go to Atlantis. I have read great things about Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon, and would love to do that one, but we also really want to hit the water park at Atlantis. It will 4 of us, DH, DD5, DD4 and myself. If we booked through Dolphin Encounters and rented a room at Comfort Suites to get tickets to Atlantis, we would save $$. But would it be doable to go to Blue Lagoon for the Dolphin Encounter in the morning and then hit Atlantis in the afternoon for the water park? We would have to hit the hotel to check-in. Is that too much of a hassle, especially with two little kids? I wouldn't want to spend all day getting from one place to the next.

It is our first cruise and our first time in Nassau. Part of me thinks it would just be easier (even though more expensive) to book through the cruise for the Shallow water Dolphin excursion at Atlantis with passes to Aquadventure.

We will be in Nassau in April (spring break) from 8am - Midnight. We really want to do a dolphin encounter and go to Atlantis. I have read great things about Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon, and would love to do that one, but we also really want to hit the water park at Atlantis. It will 4 of us, DH, DD5, DD4 and myself. If we booked through Dolphin Encounters and rented a room at Comfort Suites to get tickets to Atlantis, we would save $$. But would it be doable to go to Blue Lagoon for the Dolphin Encounter in the morning and then hit Atlantis in the afternoon for the water park? We would have to hit the hotel to check-in. Is that too much of a hassle, especially with two little kids? I wouldn't want to spend all day getting from one place to the next.

It is our first cruise and our first time in Nassau. Part of me thinks it would just be easier (even though more expensive) to book through the cruise for the Shallow water Dolphin excursion at Atlantis with passes to Aquadventure.

Honestly, I would choose one, or do the combination dolphin and aquaventure as you said. Just reading about it exausted me, lol. It would be alot of hassle, and like you said, alot of your time would be spent getting around from place to place.

Honestly, I would choose one, or do the combination dolphin and aquaventure as you said. Just reading about it exausted me, lol. It would be alot of hassle, and like you said, alot of your time would be spent getting around from place to place.

I agree, I would also check into what hours the waterslides are open when you will be there. I know they don't open until 10 and believe they close by 7 but that may be different during your timeframes. So even though you are in port from 8 AM to Midnight they will not be open that entire time.

If you just want to do the dolphin encounter (and not stay to use the beach) at Blue Lagoon Island I think this could be very do-able if you book an early dolphin encounter. We arrived to do the beach day around 11am and there was a group getting back on the ferry we came on to head back. If you then get off the ferry at the ferry terminal on the way back you should be able to take a cab from there to the Comfort Inn and you'd have most of the afternoon at Atlantis - I'd also check on what's open there when, but I think it's do-able. Having said that, I don't think you'd make the first ferry at 8:30am so the next one would be at 10:30am. Depending on when things close at Atlantis (even though I'm sure you still may want to use your room at the Comfort Inn to clean up and get dinner) you'd have time. We did really love Blue Lagoon Island though and loved the beach so if you have to choose one, I'd go back there for a whole day in a second! The last ferry from there is at 4pm so you could always go to Atlantis for dinner and to walk around. Hope that helps a bit!

Archived