Price of Photos??

Dreamz2cruise

Our last Carnival cruise was 2008 and at that time the 8x10 was right around $20. Normally we do not buy the big ones but let me tell you, those photographers (developers?) used some kind of filtering lens or something that made our formal pictures look like we were 10 years younger! Well worth the $20 in my opinion. :)

As a cruiser who remembers the days of the 5X7 photos @ $4 , I hate that all the cruise lines now make everyone a 8X10 by adding generic borders of stuff surrounding the 5X7, making it and selling it as an 8X10:mad:

I agree , they would sell more photos with better prices and smaller photos.:o

Nowadays I rarely buy any ship photos.

And you have to purchase an 8x10 before any additional sizes in the same picture, correct?

Also, if I may slide in here & ask 2 additional questions.

1) How much are the photos taken at embarkation, the ports? Are they the same?

2) Does anyone know if you have purchased the photo coupon in advance (Helping to pay as much ahead of time), Can you use 2 of them in 1 purchase?

Thanks in advance.

I would prefer the 5x7 size as well and agree that they could make SO much more money if they charge less for photos. What a waste to throw all the unpurchased photos away!! Too bad they don't offer a complete "package" price for all photos at the end of the cruise at a discounted rate.

Lisa - good idea about the CD, but does that include all your pics from the week?

Thanks for the info - better save up for some photos!

Our last Carnival cruise was 2008 and at that time the 8x10 was right around $20. Normally we do not buy the big ones but let me tell you, those photographers (developers?) used some kind of filtering lens or something that made our formal pictures look like we were 10 years younger! Well worth the $20 in my opinion. :)

Mine came out that way, too, so of course I had to buy all three! I'm never going to look any younger, you know...........:p

Been to Olan Mills lately? These are cheap in comparison.......

Even my kids school portraits are $15 per sheet and they are not NEARLY as nice. I am used to paying a minimum of $10/person sitting fee at area studios, so really the prices are a good value.

And you have to purchase an 8x10 before any additional sizes in the same picture, correct?

No, I don't think so. I think you can take the picture to the desk and order a different size from it

These were $9 and $11 last time I bought them

As a cruiser who remembers the days of the 5X7 photos @ $4 , I hate that all the cruise lines now make everyone a 8X10 by adding generic borders of stuff surrounding the 5X7, making it and selling it as an 8X10:mad:

That was not my experience last October on the Dream. The 8 x 10s were all picture, not border. Might be something new they are trying, but for the most part, not my recent experience.

I would like to know about the DVD also.... Cost? Does it have all the pics?

Coupon? What coupon? Where can I find that? I LOVE a good coupon! Any other coupons out there for other stuff????

It's not an actual discount coupon, but you can buy ahead of time from Carnival's website photo coupons for $15 & then there are bar & soda ones too for a different price. For us, it's about paying some of the $ ahead of time instead of later on our S&S card.

2) Does anyone know if you have purchased the photo coupon in advance (Helping to pay as much ahead of time), Can you use 2 of them in 1 purchase?

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can use more than one coupon to purchase your photo's, I purchased on the last day and applied $30.00 worth of coupons to a $56.00 puchase. Embarkation photo 5x7 $11.95.

Is the DVD of all the pictures or just the ones you bought. Thanks

No, you could chose one photo. There are other ship dvd's you can order, we ordered one because my husband was on there quite a bit it is $29.95.

I will say though glad we did the formal photo's both nights, did not like the first one's, found a couple different photographer's second night which did an excellent job.

Archived