We will have 8 hours free after our excursion..what to do?

RLA2010

We are cruising the Carnival Liberty in September and our itinerary plans to arrive at Cozumel @ 8am and leave @10pm. We only booked one excursion, the dune buggy and snorkeling at punta sur, but it only runs from 9-2pm. This will leave us about 7~ hours to explore on our own.

Should we just take a taxi to a shopping area? Tour on our own? Any suggestions?:)

Ok, Im "old" LOL, so I think after 5 hrs, dune buggy and snorkeling, I would be a little wiped out by 2pm, so I would just spend some time around the shopping area by the pier. Lots of shops there, and a small beach area and I think a small pool as well where you can have a bite to eat and a drink, then I would just head back onto the ship in the afternoon. If you are "young", unlike me LOL, then maybe spend a few hours in the town, called San Miguel, and only a short taxi ride from the ship. More shops and restaurants there. Im sure others will have some great ideas though.:)

Ok, Im "old" LOL, so I think after 5 hrs, dune buggy and snorkeling, I would be a little wiped out by 2pm, so I would just spend some time around the shopping area by the pier. Lots of shops there, and a small beach area and I think a small pool as well where you can have a bite to eat and a drink, then I would just head back onto the ship in the afternoon. If you are "young", unlike me LOL, then maybe spend a few hours in the town, called San Miguel, and only a short taxi ride from the ship. More shops and restaurants there. Im sure others will have some great ideas though.:)

That doesn't make you old! Everyone enjoys things differently. Who knows, I may be wiped by the end too!

We've done the jeep / snorkeling type excursion at Cozumel twice and I guarantee you are going to want to head back to the ship, shower, and get some fluids into you before heading back out. Wear old clothes, you will get sandy, gritty, dirty and don't expect to be able to run a comb through your hair for about three hours afterward. Best excursions we've ever done...you will love it.

My suggestion would be to head back to the ship, eat, shower, change and then decide if you would like to go back out again. That way, anyone in your group who wants to stay does not have to head back to the ship alone and you can make a plan after you're refreshed and have assessed how tired you are!

Archived