Need Venice disembarking information

Sea World

Our cruise ends at Venice port at 6AM. We plan to carry my own luggage, to be in the first group to get out of the ship. Will we be able to catch the 6:50AM ATVO bus to Marco Polo Airport? My flight is at 9:50AM. Thanks.

Our cruise ends at Venice port at 6AM. We plan to carry my own luggage, to be in the first group to get out of the ship. Will we be able to catch the 6:50AM ATVO bus to Marco Polo Airport? My flight is at 9:50AM. Thanks.

Probably. The people mover takes 2 minutes to P Roma.

Safer move is to take a taxi direct from port to airport

When you are trying to make a tight connection like this, I think it's penny wise and pound foolish, so to speak, to try and take the bus. Take a taxi directly to the airport. The People Mover doesn't begin operation until 7 AM, so that wouldn't help you anyway.

When you are trying to make a tight connection like this, I think it's penny wise and pound foolish, so to speak, to try and take the bus. Take a taxi directly to the airport. The People Mover doesn't begin operation until 7 AM, so that wouldn't help you anyway.

Thank you Earl and Euro cruiser for your advice. I will take taxi to the airport. Can we get taxi right at the Pier or do we have to walk to P.Roma? Do taxis start their operation before 7AM?

I don't know what time the taxis are on site. According to the cruise port web site (here: http://www.vtp.it//terminal/crociere.jsp?idm=6Z49EH1157271R175I5950NRRUYWVRS3&prg=3&page_2=3), the phone number for the radio taxi service at the port is Radiotaxi - Tel. +39 041 5952080. You can call and have one there within minutes.

Thank you very much for the useful information

we just did that 3 wks ago and very easy,,,the taxis were NOT there at 8am when we left. only limos and ones that were already booked in advance....we had to fill out disembarkation info and had place to state if limo,or taxi needed,,,etc.....or just ask....took only 25 mins....little traffic that early....also,,,tell them to have luggage at customs early for you,,,you need to pick that up,,then go out for taxi....:)

we just did that 3 wks ago and very easy,,,the taxis were NOT there at 8am when we left. only limos and ones that were already booked in advance....we had to fill out disembarkation info and had place to state if limo,or taxi needed,,,etc.....or just ask....took only 25 mins....little traffic that early....also,,,tell them to have luggage at customs early for you,,,you need to pick that up,,then go out for taxi....:)

Thanks a trillion for the very helpful information. It's always good to hear from a person who's already done the same. :)

Archived