Jan C&A Changes?

I almost hate to mention anything for fear that the wizards at RCI may get some bright idea which could morph into something truly undesirable. One of the things they could consider is to let your cruise credits expire after a period of time. Many airlines do this with your accumulated miles if you don't travel with them within a certain time frame.

On another note, our last two cruises, one the Voyager in March there were only 14 D+ guests onboard. The other cruise on the Liberty at the end of May there were 39 D+. Those figures don't seem to be unmanageable considering on the Liberty you had the DL as well as the CL. I'm sure that is not the case on some of the other cruises like TAs or Alaska which probably have a larger D+ load.

Now that's an interesting idea I haven't thought of. Cruise credits expiring. I wonder which current D/D+ members would prefer if they had to choose one, increasing the tier level or having cruise credits expire?

39 D+ members is a lot of extra people being able to use the CL. Sure they can use the DL if the CL is too crowded but where do the suite guests go if it's too crowded?

I almost hate to mention anything for fear that the wizards at RCI may get some bright idea which could morph into something truly undesirable. One of the things they could consider is to let your cruise credits expire after a period of time. Many airlines do this with your accumulated miles if you don't travel with them within a certain time frame.

That's a thought but there is a big difference between airline miles and cruise credits. Airline miles are redeemable item and as such are a liability on the corporate balance sheet. The airlines have good reason to want to get dead miles off their balance sheet. Even so it is a rather long period before the miles expire and probably 99.9% of miles that do expire would never had been used.

Cruise credits are not redeemable for anything. Having them expire probably would not accomplish very much.

My cruise history started 1963 I have sailed on HAL,Cunard.Carnival,Rcl and several other they are by the side. Plus European lines.

Here is my take on 50 cruise crdedits for Diamond+. It took me from1992 till 2009 to make diamond+. It would take me ,if I only sail RCL a other 20 years to make 50 cedits. Please pray then that I live to be 99. Sure there are others in the same boat.

Give the boozers coupons so the concierge lounge will be empty.

Archived