Cabin for three on Westerdam question

Baseball Lover

We have stayed in a SY (6107) on the Zuiderdam. I slept on the sofa bed. It is a bed for one - and I found it very comfortable. Not as good as the real beds - but very good. At the end of each day - I was asleep within minutes of my head hitting the pillow!

Hi, Molly!

In the verandah cabins on the Westerdam, the sofa pulls out to be made up as a bed. I think the steward makes it up each night and then "undoes" it during the day, but I am not sure. I'll try to attach a picture. (If you look at the top of this bulletin board, there's a thread about stateroom pictures that Joanie has painstakingly collected for each HAL ship; this is from her site, a VF cabin made up for the third sleeper.)

balccabin.jpg.8fa1cbb71d55b879a25902175fc50ceb.jpg

Molly,

Here are better pictures of a verandah cabin with the bed pulled out. I also found a picture of an SY suite with the third bed as a cot, plus a picture of what it looks like in a quad with the fourth bed above one of the other ones... I may try to find a third person to share my cabin, but IMHO having a fourth looks to be too much (unless it was a child)! 152 days and counting...

Hope this helps!

NOOR3.jpg.a61e911792a43e3d15e61018eaa4bbe5.jpg

WSZ3.jpg.dc88a66201e9554316828bd0c499f50c.jpg

ZDAM4.jpg.12df1f43905f119a11dac97b59bf8b05.jpg

We were three in a VE balcony on Westerdam. It was a pull out sofa they set up every night. You have to crawl over it to get out on the balcony which is a pain, especially when DD is asleep and you manage to crawl on top of her legs instead of over. You make it work and we had a wonderful vacation.l

• 2 years later...

AECrowell, I search for our reserved stateroom and saw you sailed in Westerdam rm 5066. Are these photos from that sailing? Do you have any more photos posted? I'd love to see the balcony. We're sailing in a few weeks with our baby daughter. Thanks!

AECrowell, I search for our reserved stateroom and saw you sailed in Westerdam rm 5066. Are these photos from that sailing? Do you have any more photos posted? I'd love to see the balcony. We're sailing in a few weeks with our baby daughter. Thanks!

This thread is three years old, and that poster hasn't posted to the HAL board in a year. Your query may not be seen.

Sugarpants, the pictures I attached to that message were photos I found here at Cruise Critic, at Joanie's pages where you can search for cabins on specific HAL ships. We liked that room, but the balcony was noticeably narrow and the view was somewhat constrained by a lifeboat below. Of course, that's why it was a little bit less expensive! Anyway, I recommend you check out Joanie's pages (check the beginning of this bulletin board). Have a great cruise!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Here is a link to Joanie's Sticky where you can see all types of cabin categories for the Westerdam.

http://abqreunion2008.com/Westerdam/index.html

Thanks, everyone! I found a cabin pretty close to mine that should be a good approximation. That was really helpful.

I've only stayed in the budget verandah rooms (smaller balconies & lifeboats under last time, too, I believe), so I should be content. I thought they were totally deluxe after only ocean view. Before that, I thought the ocean view was totally deluxe after only inside--and I remember my first cruise when I was a kid, an inside cabin on an old Greek rust bucket, but I thought it was the height of luxury and coolness with its fold-down berths and microscopic bathroom. :)

If the Westerdam section doesn't have what you're looking for, you can check her sisters, Noordam, Oosterdam, and Zuiderdam. From what I understand, the décor may be different, but the cabin layout should be consistent in the same class ships.

Archived