Itinerary schedule times.

triphopcooper

I would like for someone to verify this for me since I have booked an excursion and it's crucial I have the correct times. When the itinerary schedule states that the ship docks in Cozumel at 8:00 a.m. does that mean ship time because Cozumel time would be 7:00 a.m.

I would like for someone to verify this for me since I have booked an excursion and it's crucial I have the correct times. When the itinerary schedule states that the ship docks in Cozumel at 8:00 a.m. does that mean ship time because Cozumel time would be 7:00 a.m.

NCL makes you change the clock several times throughout the cruise. You will be on local time.

I just returned from the EPIC and you are on the ships time at all times. If they say they dock at 8 then it is ship time which of course is Miami time. They do not make you change your clocks ever.

I just returned from the EPIC and you are on the ships time at all times. If they say they dock at 8 then it is ship time which of course is Miami time. They do not make you change your clocks ever.

Yes they do on the Western Itinerary...the eastern ports are in the same time zone. I did both weeks.

See the western dailies...at the top they say do not forget to change your clock!

Yes they do on the Western Itinerary...the eastern ports are in the same time zone. I did both weeks.

See the western dailies...at the top they say do not forget to change your clock!

So all of the eastern islands are on the same time? That's great to hear that I won't have to adjust my watch. :)

So all of the eastern islands are on the same time? That's great to hear that I won't have to adjust my watch. :)

Yup, but this of course could change after daylight savings ends. Not sure if all islands observe this or not.

Yup, but this of course could change after daylight savings ends. Not sure if all islands observe this or not.

Yes, I believe daylight savings time does figure into the equation.

As I understand it, St. Maarten and St. Thomas are actually in the Atlantic Time Zone, one time zone east of Miami in the Eastern Time Zone.

But St. Maarten and St. Thomas are currently on the same time as Miami because they do not observe daylight savings time. So there are no clock changes on the Eastern itinerary during the summer and autumn months.

But after November 7, when Miami turns its clocks back from daylight savings time to standard time, St. Maarten and St. Thomas should be one hour ahead of Miami. During the winter months, the clocks presumably will need to be moved ahead one hour on the way to St. Maarten and then moved back one hour between St. Thomas and Nassau.

At least I think I have that figured right!

As I understand it, St. Maarten and St. Thomas are actually in the Atlantic Time Zone, one time zone east of Miami in the Eastern Time Zone.

But St. Maarten and St. Thomas are currently on the same time as Miami because they do not observe daylight savings time. So there are no clock changes on the Eastern itinerary during the summer and autumn months.

But after November 7, when Miami turns its clocks back from daylight savings time to standard time, St. Maarten and St. Thomas should be one hour ahead of Miami. During the winter months, the clocks presumably will need to be moved ahead one hour on the way to St. Maarten and then moved back one hour between St. Thomas and Nassau.

If I am remembering correctly, Daylight Savings Time was Ben Franklin's idea and he has a lot to answer for IMHO. :-D

Whew, I'm glad I won't have to bother with the time change either then. We cruise in 34 days. :eek:

If I am remembering correctly, Daylight Savings Time was Ben Franklin's idea and he has a lot to answer for IMHO. :-D

He's no longer with us, so I say lets stop doing this switch-a-roo already. :D

You are correct, when we sailed on the Pearl last November they had us set our clocks 1 hour ahead, before we got to Samana (Eastern Caribbean) There should be a note with your dailies. :)

Archived