transportation from port for venice at night

XSYTD

We will be on the Ruby Princess and are docked in Venice overnight. Our flight arrives late in the evening and after dropping off our luggage we would like to see Venice by night. I understand that there are Princess vouchers for transport. Is there another way to do this that may cost less than the $15 pp that Princess is charging?

At least for us they vouchers were left in our room and automatically charged to the room. YOu had to make sure to return them to get credit.

The shuttle really is the easiest and most convenient way into central St Marks area. There are cheaper ways but require you walk or get to the rmain station then take the public transportation in. IMHO with such a short time in port leverage the shuttle, it'll be the cheapest of the tours you'll likely do on this trip ;)

Hopefully you are arriving the night before your overnight or you'll be hard pressed to see much IMHO.

Enjoy your cruise.

We will be on the Ruby Princess and are docked in Venice overnight. Our flight arrives late in the evening and after dropping off our luggage we would like to see Venice by night. I understand that there are Princess vouchers for transport. Is there another way to do this that may cost less than the $15 pp that Princess is charging?

We were on the Ruby in Venice last Sept. Be sure to check the hours of operation for the shuttles. I seem to recall that they stop running early in the evening. We opted for taking the Vaporetto (Line #1) from P. Roma to San Marco. It was an easy 20 min walk from the ship to P. Roma. Now that the people mover is open it is even easier. The Vaporetto is a fabulous ride compared to the shuttle, particularly at night. The shuttle only goes down the ship canal, while the Vaporetto goes down the full length of the Grand Canal which is really amazing at night.

That is what I was looking for since it will be the only opportunity to travel down the Grand Canal for us. Do you know when the last vaporetto brings you back to the port stop. What is the name of the stop when coming back and do you remember how much the round trip costs?

Thanks in advance!

That is what I was looking for since it will be the only opportunity to travel down the Grand Canal for us. Do you know when the last vaporetto brings you back to the port stop. What is the name of the stop when coming back and do you remember how much the round trip costs?

Thanks in advance!

This is the linc to the ACTV Vaporetto company http://www.actv.it/en/movinginvenice/movinginvenice . The Grand Canal route #1 run 24hrs. The port stop is P. Roma. from there you can walk (20 min) or take the people mover to the docks.

expensive, sure, by hey ,,you re in Venice,,, we also took short ride on one stationed near pier, after you leave terminal, cross over bridge and on left is gondola stop...he was there till 9pm that I know of...on right side was the vaporetto stop.....about the new people mover,,,,heard it was right behind terminal, but never saw it or found directions..must be well hidden,,,do ask for specific instructions from concierge,,,,good luck,,,wonder if anyone HAS found it and used it,,,let us know....:confused:

If you go to that link for vaporetto, you will see that it is cheaper to take the 24 hr ticket. That way, you can do several trips - perhaps the next day before sailing? Of course, it rained the second day for us, so you may not use it, but I would rather be prepared - and you can always take the vaporetto in the rain.... locals do.

Archived