Diamond vs. Elite

Mr. Luckytoo

Without knowing what the program is, we can't say Celebrity doesn't have something similiar...

Sorry about that. This is "event" for Diamond members on RCI. Forgetting about the Inaugural Sailing portion but the December recognition/double credits is interesting.

This December, we will recognize and pamper our Diamond and Diamond Plus members across our entire fleet of 22 ships with our annual December Diamond Celebration.

Choose the Allure of the Seas® Inaugural Sailing on December 1st and enjoy:

• Special Events

• Maiden Voyage Souvenirs

• Collector Keepsakes

Or, sail on any of our ships throughout the month of December and receive:

• Exclusive Offers on Future Sailings

• Commemorative Gifts

• Special Recognition

Diamond and Diamond Plus members will also receive one extra cruise credit when sailing on the month of December. Now is the perfect time to reserve your December cruise vacation. Don’t miss the celebration.

Adam M. Goldstein 50 President and Chief Executive Officer, Royal Caribbean International

Daniel J.Hanrahan 52 President and Chief Executive Officer, Celebrity Cruises

Although there is some overlap for economy of scale cost savings, they are run independently with different branding objectives and marketing strategies. Just think of all the other things you get on =X= that you don't get on Royal.

Royal Caribbean International is a contemporary and global brand that offers memorable, relaxing

and active cruise vacations to travelers of all ages, including multi-generation families and couples

looking for an upscale, affordable vacation that offers unique experiences and exceptional service

onboard and shoreside. Our revolutionary and innovative ships are renowned for their dining and

entertainment offerings, as well as one-of-a-kind amenities such as rock-climbing walls, ice-skating

rinks and surf simulators. Our newest ship, Oasis of the Seas, arrived in November of 2009 heralded

as the largest and most innovative ship in the world with seven distinct neighborhoods. Her sister

ship, Allure of the Seas, will arrive in November 2010. www.royalcaribbean.com

Celebrity Cruises is designed for discerning cruisers, with modern, sophisticated environments,

impeccable service, enriching and inspiring onboard programs, and world-class cuisine. The

ultimate in premium cruising, Celebrity sails in Alaska, California, Canada/New England, Europe,

the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Caribbean and the

Galapagos Islands. Celebrity also offers immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Canada,

Europe and South America. Celebrity’s mega-series of honors include being named the top

mega-ship line in Condé Nast Traveler’s annual Readers’ Choice Awards (November 2009).

Celebrity’s fleet currently consists of nine ships. Its $3.7-billion investment in building five stylish

Solstice-class ships between 2008-2012 represents the largest five-year investment in premium

cruising. www.celebritycruises.com

Adam M. Goldstein 50 President and Chief Executive Officer, Royal Caribbean International

Daniel J.Hanrahan 52 President and Chief Executive Officer, Celebrity Cruises

Although there is some overlap for economy of scale cost savings, they are run independently with different branding objectives and marketing strategies. Just think of all the other things you get on =X= that you don't get on Royal.

Royal Caribbean International is a contemporary and global brand that offers memorable, relaxing

and active cruise vacations to travelers of all ages, including multi-generation families and couples

looking for an upscale, affordable vacation that offers unique experiences and exceptional service

onboard and shoreside. Our revolutionary and innovative ships are renowned for their dining and

entertainment offerings, as well as one-of-a-kind amenities such as rock-climbing walls, ice-skating

rinks and surf simulators. Our newest ship,

Oasis of the Seas, arrived in November of 2009 heralded

ship, Allure of the Seas, will arrive in November 2010. www.royalcaribbean.com

Celebrity Cruises is designed for discerning cruisers, with modern, sophisticated environments,

impeccable service, enriching and inspiring onboard programs, and world-class cuisine. The

ultimate in premium cruising, Celebrity sails in Alaska, California, Canada/New England, Europe,

the Pacific Coast, Panama Canal, South America, and year-round in the Caribbean and the

Galapagos Islands. Celebrity also offers immersive cruisetour experiences in Alaska, Canada,

Europe and South America. Celebrity’s mega-series of honors include being named the top

mega-ship line in

as the largest and most innovative ship in the world with seven distinct neighborhoods. Her sister

Condé Nast Traveler’s annual Readers’ Choice Awards (November 2009).

cruising. www.celebritycruises.com

While they are the same company I understand the difference in branding and marketing and targeting different demographics.

I will be reaching Diamond this month on RCI and will reach Elite on Celebrity next year. I've never really paid much attention to the loyalty programs in the past (that's why I'm silver on NCL, platinum on CCL and Princess)

Once I started paying attention I noticed that I had been missing some "benefits" and I can see why people let that influence their booking. In fact since I will become a Diamond on RCI I've found myself looking more at RCL lines vs. X or Princess. Then I pause and think to myself why.... :cool:

Celebrity’s fleet currently consists of nine ships. Its $3.7-billion investment in building five stylish

Solstice-class ships between 2008-2012 represents the largest five-year investment in premium

While they are the same company I understand the difference in branding and marketing and targeting different demographics.

I will be reaching Diamond this month on RCI and will reach Elite on Celebrity next year. I've never really paid much attention to the loyalty programs in the past (that's why I'm silver on NCL, platinum on CCL and Princess)

Once I started paying attention I noticed that I had been missing some "benefits" and I can see why people let that influence their booking. In fact since I will become a Diamond on RCI I've found myself looking more at RCL lines vs. X or Princess. Then I pause and think to myself why.... :cool:

[/left]

Mr Lucky, you are lucky. When you reach Diamond on RCI this month, you will automatically be raised to Elite on Celebrity. Just call a few weeks after your sailing to be sure that they have updated you on both lines. I just reached Elite on Celebrity last month and called RCI yesterday (who I haven't sailed with in a number of years) confirmed that I'm now Diamond. You can't combine cruise credits but once you reach a level on one, you automatically have it on the other.

Cheers

Mr. Lucky, I should also mention that when you are in the Elite tier in X's loyalty program, there are a couple hours of free cocktails every evening (in Michael's Club, or depending on how many Elite cruisers there are on the sailing, maybe a bigger lounge). Top shelf, anything you want... and also a continental breakfast each morning in Michael's club.

Mr. Lucky, I should also mention that when you are in the Elite tier in X's loyalty program, there are a couple hours of free cocktails every evening (in Michael's Club, or depending on how many Elite cruisers there are on the sailing, maybe a bigger lounge). Top shelf, anything you want... and also a continental breakfast each morning in Michael's club.

Actually a dear friend informed me about those Elite Perks on X - that's why we squeezed in our RCI cruise in 2 weeks to have that available for our X cruise in October.

It's funny but since the Mrs doesn't drink and I stick to my wines we never really frequented any of the loyalty programs...mostly we focused on the ports and excursions/activities.

However once you've visited Cozumel over a half-dozen times we stayed on the ship and really enjoyed the port so much better - less crowded ship, spa specials, etc.,

One of the things I like about the Princess cruises is their coffee card which I always purchase so in the morning I can get my double expresso's but now on X I'll just go to Michael's club instead...:cool:

[/left]

Once you are diamond on RCI you will be recognized as Elite on X. Can't combine cruise credits to make status of one or the other but once you make one you are in!

Actually a dear friend informed me about those Elite Perks on X - that's why we squeezed in our RCI cruise in 2 weeks to have that available for our X cruise in October.

It's funny but since the Mrs doesn't drink and I stick to my wines we never really frequented any of the loyalty programs...mostly we focused on the ports and excursions/activities.

However once you've visited Cozumel over a half-dozen times we stayed on the ship and really enjoyed the port so much better - less crowded ship, spa specials, etc.,

One of the things I like about the Princess cruises is their coffee card which I always purchase so in the morning I can get my double expresso's but now on X I'll just go to Michael's club instead...:cool:

Then you can have any of the wine available on the menu and the Mrs can have complimentary soft drinks, or whatever she pleases. I think that's a nice perk each evening. We plan to enjoy it on our first "elite" cruise next year. :)

Archived