Cruising with Two Month Old

tarbashchaputi

Looking for opinions here. We are expecting our second child in early October. I had booked a cruise on the Pride a while back without knowing this. I am having reservations about going now for reasons that you can all imagine. We took our daughter along when she was 9 months and enjoyed our selfs quite abit. I am wondering if others have cruised before with a child as young as 2 months and how it worked out. We have a group going including my parents and my in laws, so trade offs would not be a problem. The main issue I'm having right now is my own reservations about doing the whole thing.

Brian

You should check to make sure the cruiseline will actually allow you on the cruise with such a young baby. I know that some of the cruise lines have a minimum age for babies. If it is ok with them, I am sure it will work out ok. We did a land vacation with our two daughters when the second one was only 6 weeks old. It worked out fine since my husbands parents and sister were along to help out.

I spoke with the PVP after posting the initial message and found out that the four months is the minimum which makes perfect and reasonable sense to me. Looks like we are re-booking!

Thanks for the assistance.:)

Hey Brian!:)

I'm sure things will be less hectic if you wait a couple more months. Hopefully the baby will have better sleeping habits at that time. The only concern I would have is the baby crying at night. This could make some of your neighbors angry. Perhaps you can arrange the relatives to be on both sides of you to avoid this problem.

Thanks all,

I am going to cancel the cruise for now and look at going later in 2006. My wife breast feeds :eek: and we would not want to cause a spectacle. Also, you all know my stance on babies in the pools with diapers, therefore we will likely leave both the kids at home, and go ourselves :D. Maybe a summer cruise along the Canadian coast or something is in our works before little tarbash is born.....

Brian

Chris - enjoy your cruise, I was thinking you will be leaving today or tomorrow right?

Chris - enjoy your cruise, I was thinking you will be leaving today or tomorrow right?

Thanks Brian! Leaving for Tampa in the morning!!! Can't wait! You guys keep it between the buoys while I'm gone, LOL!!! I'll make sure to get pics of the diaper situation, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you "icons" ;)

Thanks Brian! Leaving for Tampa in the morning!!! Can't wait! You guys keep it between the buoys while I'm gone, LOL!!! I'll make sure to get pics of the diaper situation, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you "icons"

I must be some kind of stupid because I still have not figured out who the "icons" were:confused: :D

Have a great time! Remember us peons suffering in the cold while you are having the time of your life:p

Thanks all,

I am going to cancel the cruise for now and look at going later in 2006. My wife breast feeds :eek: and we would not want to cause a spectacle. Also, you all know my stance on babies in the pools with diapers, therefore we will likely leave both the kids at home, and go ourselves :D. Maybe a summer cruise along the Canadian coast or something is in our works before little tarbash is born.....

Brian

Oh, the horrors of breastfeeding:eek: I'm sure it will be a welcomed getaway when the times comes. If you took the little one, I'm afraid you would forget the rules apply to you and put the precious package in the pool:p

Congrats!

I must be some kind of stupid because I still have not figured out who the "icons" were:confused: :D

Have a great time! Remember us peons suffering in the cold while you are having the time of your life:p

Colette - don't be so coy - you know you're an icon!

Thanks all,

Brian

Tarb - think how much fun we're all going to have raising the little tarbash! Just come to Uncle Max for advice any time...

Thanks Brian! Leaving for Tampa in the morning!!! Can't wait! You guys keep it between the buoys while I'm gone, LOL!!! I'll make sure to get pics of the diaper situation, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll miss you "icons" ;)

GC - I always thought the buoys were advisory in nature only. Maybe if we all chipped in for your internet fee you could send us diaper pix near real-time. Sexy!

I spoke with the PVP after posting the initial message and found out that the four months is the minimum which makes perfect and reasonable sense to me. Looks like we are re-booking!

Thanks for the assistance.:)

I know I'm probably way out of line here - but could I suggest a Beaches resort? We went to Turks & Caicos 3x's over a two year period after the youngest was born. We didn't want to take her on a cruise until we could abandon her at Camp Carnival. The all-inclusive part is a sweet deal if you like to scuba dive, use the nanny service and are willing to eat and drink to excess...

I know I'm probably way out of line here - but could I suggest a Beaches resort? We went to Turks & Caicos 3x's over a two year period after the youngest was born. We didn't want to take her on a cruise until we could abandon her at Camp Carnival. The all-inclusive part is a sweet deal if you like to scuba dive, use the nanny service and are willing to eat and drink to excess...

No, that is a good suggestion. I have decided to outright cancel the cruise and wait until 2006 for something. DW and I have been to several of the Sandals resorts pre children and really liked them a lot, so we will look into the Turks & Caicos suggestion for early 2006. It gets mighty cold up in these parts, and looking at 3 feet of snow on the ground right now is making wish I was elsewhere.

Chris - didn't realize I was considered and ICON in these parts. That is too hilarous!:D Really, I just love controversy....

Peace,

Brian

Oh, the horrors of breastfeeding:eek: I'm sure it will be a welcomed getaway when the times comes. If you took the little one, I'm afraid you would forget the rules apply to you and put the precious package in the pool:p

Congrats!

Colette - I've already got it planned. :D There will be fully exposed breastfeeding on the lido next to the hamburger grill. I have already purchased stock in little swimmers and am looking at developing a new line of tea targeted exclusively to Cruise Critic members.:D

Excuse my excitment - the second baby thing really has me geeked and excited. I can't tell anyone around us yet, so talking about it in cyber space will have to suffice.

DISCLAIMER: The intent of this post is pure sarcasm for anyone out there without a sense of humor.

Brian

Colette - I've already got it planned. :D There will be fully exposed breastfeeding on the lido next to the hamburger grill. I have already purchased stock in little swimmers and am looking at developing a new line of tea targeted exclusively to Cruise Critic members.:D

Excuse my excitment - the second baby thing really has me geeked and excited. I can't tell anyone around us yet, so talking about it in cyber space will have to suffice.

DISCLAIMER: The intent of this post is pure sarcasm for anyone out there without a sense of humor.

Brian

Would not the fully-exposed infant feeding be better accomplished in close proximity to the soft ice cream machine than the hamburger grill?:D

No, that is a good suggestion. I have decided to outright cancel the cruise and wait until 2006 for something. DW and I have been to several of the Sandals resorts pre children and really liked them a lot, so we will look into the Turks & Caicos suggestion for early 2006. It gets mighty cold up in these parts, and looking at 3 feet of snow on the ground right now is making wish I was elsewhere.

Chris - didn't realize I was considered and ICON in these parts. That is too hilarous!:D Really, I just love controversy....

Peace,

Brian

Tarb - I can give you tons of info/opinion on Beaches T&C. There are 3 other options on Jamaica that may appeal to you as well. Let me know if you want to chat about this and we can find a way to discuss offline.

Tarb - I can give you tons of info/opinion on Beaches T&C. There are 3 other options on Jamaica that may appeal to you as well. Let me know if you want to chat about this and we can find a way to discuss offline.

Sounds good, email me tarbashchaputi@yahoo.com - I'm off service tonight so will be home with daughter only. maybe can hook up on yahoo messenger or something.

Archived