Buying a upgrade

Hej.

Cant find anthing n this topic.

But lets say i have booked superior cabin wth balcony, and i 2 weeks before ship sails see there are alot of the higher cabins free.

What would be the best approce to by a cheap upgrade and can this even be done.

I have dont alot with Airlines and hotels.

But have anyone tried this with RCCL and how do you do it ?

I have never heard of anybody successfully negotiating a lower than advertised price - so you pretty much have to pay the going rate to upgrade. As sailing date approaches, the prices may start to drop, so keep an eye and if it comes down to a price you are willing to pay, go for it.

The only time upgrade are sold at a reduced price (that I am aware from) is from the pier coordinator on the day of sailing. You can ask to see the pier coordinator after you check in at the pier, but just before you board the ship. Be aware that most of the time all the high end staterooms will either be sold by then, or be awarded as a perk to people high up in the loyalty program - so if upgrading is of importance, you really need to pay up in advance to do so. The chances of a cheap upgrade are slim.

Hej.

But lets say i have booked superior cabin wth balcony, and i 2 weeks before ship sails see there are alot of the higher cabins free.

Start with a phone call to your TA if yuo used one. Otherwise call RCI. Good luck!

I have never heard of anybody successfully negotiating a lower than advertised price - so you pretty much have to pay the going rate to upgrade. As sailing date approaches, the prices may start to drop, so keep an eye and if it comes down to a price you are willing to pay, go for it.

The only time upgrade are sold at a reduced price (that I am aware from) is from the pier coordinator on the day of sailing. You can ask to see the pier coordinator after you check in at the pier, but just before you board the ship. Be aware that most of the time all the high end staterooms will either be sold by then, or be awarded as a perk to people high up in the loyalty program - so if upgrading is of importance, you really need to pay up in advance to do so. The chances of a cheap upgrade are slim.

No upgrades at pier or onboard these days, the cabins are offered to those with most cruise credits as a perk 2 weeks before ship sails.

Okay i they er them 2 weeks before to high members the best must be tocall 2.5 weeks before sail.

And ask :)

Its not important for me, its the first cruise for me but if i can get added value for a low price i will always do it :)

Hej.

As previous comments have said, RCCL's stated policy is not to do upgrades at the pier anymore. 2-3 weeks from sail date they are upgrading Crown & Anchor members from inner to OV, OV to balcony, and balcony to JS or GS based on seniority in C&A, fare paid, date booked, etc. Most sailings go out full or relatively full so upgrades are rare.

Hehehe i understand why noone understod what i was writing.

I dont even myself understand it :)

What i was trying to say.

So the best way to maybe get a cheaper upgrade is to call 2.5 weeks before the sail, and ask if they have some last minute cheap upgrade for me.

And espacially if I know they have better rooms free i must have a better succes.

Must have been real tired last night...

I would watch the price and see what happens....I myself have gotten a balcony cabin upgrade from an oceanview for just $20 per person more...you just have to be vigilant in watching what comes available

Archived